Sending money outside romania

hi,
   can anyone please help me.i want to know a reliable bank to send money outside romania aside from moneygram and western union.thanks a lot

imbang wrote:

hi,
   can anyone please help me.i want to know a reliable bank to send money outside romania aside from moneygram and western union.thanks a lot

Those are money transfer networks, not banks. Do you want a money-transfer service or a real bank?

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

imbang wrote:

hi,

Well it depends on where you'd be sending money to. Aside from Moneygram and Western Union (both of which are expensive), I've come across Transfer Rapid which is available in CEC Bank branches. However bear in mind that Transfer Rapid is not available in all countries. This link explains a bit but it doesn't mention the fact that money can be sent also through Transfer Rapid https://www.cec.ro/en/individuals/rapid-money-transfer

And in case you are looking to utilise Moneygram or Western Union services most major banks service Western Union like Banca Transilvania, and even Posta Romana. Moneygram is available at BCR and few other banks.

Use Transferwise

thanks for the reply...i want to know both,about the money transfer network and a reliable bank
thanks again

ok,i got it,thanks a lot
i will try and check which is better
i just want to know a reliable bank or a money transfer network
thanks again

hi,
  thanks for the reply.Can you please tell me the details about this transferwise.Thanks

imbang wrote:

thanks for the reply...i want to know both,about the money transfer network and a reliable bank
thanks again

I've heard good things about Transferwise, but have no experience to speak from.  As for banks, any of the major banks in Romania (BRD, Raiffeissen, BCR, CEC, ING, etc..) should be able to reliably send money virtually anywhere provided you have a SWIFT code, IBAN or other account number and relevant information.  They will have varying commissions or fees which you should research. Banks however may require you to have an account open with them. Also, Posta Romana offers services to a limited number of countries I believe.

Romaniac
Expat-Blog Experts Team

I have used Transferwise from and to Romania (in Euros and in Lei) for over a year. It's quick, reliable, and cheap. I can heartily recommend it.

oh!thanks a lot
this info is what i need
thanks again

well..google it i suggest

its cheaper than every bank

hi,
  thanks for the information/s.am gonna check then these suggestions/info i got.thanks again

yeah,thank you very much

Use paypal its super safe. Cheap.and super fast
I use it often since 10 years and great

hi :) ...yes,am well aware of paypall also,thanks a lot for the reply

its the best way paypal, just remember to set up your debit and credit cards with the receiever,s too
its far cheaper than western and moneygram and the funds arrive in a couple of seconds

good luck and be careful, its generally a safe country, just be careful of scams and opportunistic men

beautiful country and nature

hi,thanks a lot,i will remember that