Can i come in lower visa category and change it to senior visa cat?

Hi Friends,

I have a query, Can i come in lower visa category (Technician) for time being and then change it senior visa category (Engineer) later for family status??

Will there be any issue?

Yes...you can but depends upon some factors..first of all your company must agree for the same and should be in a green category so that the company can apply for a change of profession according to your Degree..If you can go on a
Lower category means No need to wait for the Attestation Process..you will get it done within no time..

Hello All,

I am having a job offer from Al Khobar. my company also told me that they will provide me technician visa initially.  then visa status will be changed  after my degree attestation from the Saudi embassy.  Generally many engineers join with technician visa because degree attestation takes almost 5-6 weeks approx. Therefore, I am also going for technician visa.   

Kindly give your opinion in this regards.

if you want to change to ENGINEER   must register first your CERTIFICATE for approval from LABOR OFFICE.

Thanks Billiyum...

I have waited for almost 3 months for getting senior visa category... But no progress hence decided to go in lower visa category and then change it senior visa category.

Also I cant wait more for attestation process.
One more query is sales representative visa eligible for family visa??

Yes you are right. My company already offered my married status. so there is no any issue till now.

Once your profession is changed on the Iqama card, what visa you came on doesn't matter.

But do note that they had a practice some time back and that was about family visa. If you had change your profession in the last six months, they would decline your family visa application asking you to wait. I don't know if that practice was changed later or not.