KUWAIT UP-TO DATE !!

Companies in Kuwait will no longer be allowed to withhold employees' passports under new labor laws being written, according to Arabic daily Al Shahed.
Under Kuwait's planned new law, employees still would be prohibited from leaving the country without the approval of their sponsor and written travel permit from the newly established Public Authority for Manpower (PAM).
The authority, which was established to help better coordinate labor and expatriate issues, also is reportedly close to finalizing a new labor contract, to come into force at the beginning of 2016.

lol; that's not really a good thing.

passport withholding was already "abolished" with the new labor law, companies insisting on withholding are in violation and plead ignorance. the very fact that they are coming up with a law to supplement the already established law means that something fishy is going on.

Dear Friends,

I am a new member, and am in the process of coming to Kuwait (getting my documentation now...)

I have traveled to other countries also for work purpose, and in none of the countries, I was required to submit my Passport with my employer. Does this mean that Employers in Kuwait do not trust their employees (i mean us, expatriates)?
What happens in an emergency? For example, if we need to travel back to our home country for personal and family emergencies?
Also, does Kuwait immigration allows Multiple Entry visas?

Thanks in advance.

We can't blame some companies who hold their employees' passport. In my previous company, there are lots of cases where employee will just pack their things and leave.

On the other hand, we can't blame these employees for leaving without proper notification. Usually, mismanagement is the cause why they tend to leave.