Moving to Germany on Job Seeker Visa from Singapore- Help needed

Hi Friends,

I got German Job Seeker Visa from Singapore valid for 6 months and I plan to come Germany next week. Would like to connect with fellow expats. I have work experience in IT in SAP Domain.

I have few doubts regarding this visa. What are my next steps once I come to Germany. Can I work for any employment agency or look for full time? Do I need to register my address?

Anyone who moved to Germany on Job seeker and found job or If you know anyone who came on this Visa  and found job please reply so that I can contact you.

I am Indian national working in Singapore from past few years and now moving to Germany to seek employment.

Thank you.

Regards,
Mohan

Although the IT and SAP job market is good, you need some German skills to maximize your chances (and make life bearable here).
As far as I know, you can look for jobs through any legal channel and work for any suitable employer.
You need to register your address (at the nearest town hall) within a week of moving into a residence.

beppi wrote:

Although the IT and SAP job market is good, you need some German skills to maximize your chances (and make life bearable here).
As far as I know, you can look for jobs through any legal channel and work for any suitable employer.
You need to register your address (at the nearest town hall) within a week of moving into a residence.

Thanks Beppi. Yes started learning German online. Would like to know if German classes are taught in community centers in Germany. Would like to attend German languages course if the price is reasonable, please suggest any way to learn German.

mksg wrote:
beppi wrote:

Thanks Beppi. Yes started learning German online. Would like to know if German classes are taught in community centers in Germany. Would like to attend German languages course if the price is reasonable, please suggest any way to learn German.

You will find German language institute pretty much in every town and most of the time the prices are reasonable and many companies also offer german classes in company itself

Regards
Rahul

Look for "Volkshochschule" (community college, or community centre in Singlish) for classes in German as a foreign language. Some universities and other organisations also offer classes, and there are private language schools as well.

> Would like to attend German languages course if the price is reasonable,
Private one-on-one lessons of course cost more than group classes, but you also learn more and faster.
It should not be about what you want to pay, but how much you are willing (and able) to learn!

rahulpatel wrote:
mksg wrote:
beppi wrote:

You will find German language institute pretty much in every town and most of the time the prices are reasonable and many companies also offer german classes in company itself

Regards
Rahul

Thanks Rahul

Hi,

Could you please direct how to get Job Seeker Visa?

I am an Indian and planning to move Germany.

Best Regards,
Shalinni

SRUMUNICH wrote:

Could you please direct how to get Job Seeker Visa?
I am an Indian and planning to move Germany.

Check this document:
    http://www.india.diplo.de/contentblob/3 … seeker.pdf
(It took me approx. 1 min to find it by Google. If I can, why can't you?)

Thanks a lot!

Inquiry Regarding Processing Time for German Job Seeker Visa from Singapore

Hi

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to inquire about the typical processing time for a German job seeker visa application from Singapore.

As an E pass holder in Singapore, originally from Sri Lanka, I am planning to apply for a job seeker visa for Germany. I would greatly appreciate any insights or experiences from individuals who have gone through this process before.

If you could kindly share any information regarding the duration of the application process or any tips for a smooth application experience, I would be immensely grateful.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Warm regards,

Jana

@Nishanthini06tt What does the embassy say about the processing time?

They didn't say anything

Getting a job seeker visa is the most difficult of all. One has to have a degree and/or minimum 5 years' experience in a highly demanded field. And for the vast majority of professional jobs, one needs a high level of German. Even in high tech and engineering, jobs that one can do without German are much less common than many seem to assume. Those who do speak good German will always have a competitive  advantage over the ones who don't even if it is not required. And specifically in the types of jobs one can do with English, they are found online these days.

So why spend the huge cost and effort on what is often a futile search? And if one does manage to get a JSV, it is imperative to prepare beforehand. Research which are the possible employers, contact them to see if they have positions open and set up appointments before arrival. Otherwise, one is wasting their time. Some think that coming for the maximum 6 months' time will somehow improve their chances. Actually one should try to set up a schedule to interview possible slots in a couple of months' time and be done with it. If one has not found something by then they are likely just wasting time and resources to stay on.

@Nishanthini06tt

You might want to check whether you meet the requirements for the new Chancenkarte (Opportunity Card). It should be available from 1st of June 2024.