ANY ASSISTANCE, RELOCATION

Dear Friends

I hope this email finds you well,

I would like some assistance as I need school for my 3 daughters age, 9, two 17 years old. We would like to apply for study Visa for all of them to live and study in Brazil.

As a family, we have decided to relocate to Brazil next year and needs assistance with finding English schools for all three student. The two 17 years old are currently doing Grade 10 in South Africa in Cape Town, and we are all South Africans.

The 9 year old one is in grade 2 currently and need school too.

Please advise if anyone knows of any cheaper schools in getting them registered.

We are currently running an International business here in South Africa and perhaps maybe we might also open an office in Brazil.

Your kind assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Anyone with information, please send me a message or Wat supp me on xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Well, the VITEM-IV Student Visa would allow your daughters to study in Brazil, unfortunately they do not qualify you as their parents to remain in Brazil along with them.

You would need some kind of VITEM Temporary Visa or a VIPER Permanent Visa (presumably for investors) to take up temporary or permanent residence in Brazil.

The VIPER Permanent Visa for Investors requires a minimum investment of R$150 thousand (currently USD $37,500), you would need to file a detailed business plan which includes the nature of business you plan to operate, geographical area, estimated annual revenues, number of Brazilian jobs it would create, etc. You apply through the Ministério de Trabalho e Empregos - MTE and not through the Consulado or Federal Police as is usually the case.

If granted the initial visa would be issued for a period of 3 years as "Provisional", upon renewal you need to prove that the business is still in operation and that the initial capital investment has not been repatriated. Then the re-issued visa would be "Permanent".

In order to start up a business and register it here in Brazil the process requires the aid of a lawyer and/or accountant experienced in business start-ups.

Cheers,
James    Expat-blog Experts Team

Dear Sir,

much appreciated all your efforts in giving us this information, thank you.

Regards
Jacob

Dear James,

In response to us as Parents being in Brazil, will it still be viable for us to stay for three months then come back to South Africa while our Business Visa is still in process as South Africans are allowed 90 days free Visa?

Would there be any changes in regards to this?

Regards

Jacob

You'll have to ask that question of the Consulado-Geral do Brasil in South Africa. In most cases, once you apply for any kind of VIPER Permanent Visa, you are not permitted to enter Brazil until it is issued, not even on another category of visa or as a Visa Waiver Program (VWP) entry as a tourist.

If you were to spend your allowed 90 days here first and then apply for the VIPER Permanent Visa for Investors upon returning to South Africa, I don't believe you'd run into any problems. It would also afford you the opportunity to find a good local lawyer and accountant to assist you on this end.

Cheers,
James   Expat-blog Experts Team