Buying / leasing small bar...

I'm 52 now, residing in Newcastle upon Tyne,  im currently employed at a high level in the oil and gas industry, i have traveled a lot,  im looking to sort of semi retire, i would be enormously grateful if anyone can offer info with regard to owning or leasing a small bar / eaterie. I'm not interested in making money, i just want to tick over and generally feel a little more happier, im looking at around 6 months in Cambodia a year and the rest in Cyprus and UK. What are the pitfalls of ownership and licensing etc, if anyone can inform me i would be immensely grateful.

Steve,
          I lived and worked in PP for over a year. The cost of living is very cheap and I think running a bar/food would be more trouble than the return. Just visit long term and save yourself the headache.

Simon

Please contact me via email: ********************

Regards.
Sam
Cambodia

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : do not post personal contact details here for your own security

Sam,
         So your there now teaching ? Just tried to mail you.

Simon

i agree with Simon, the trouble isn't worth the money invested in such a venture. 

plus if you're not interested in making money then why bother with the paperwork, staff, rent and stock ?

most of the action is centered around pub street and its not easy nor cheap to set a foot there esp. for 6 months a year.

my advice is if you really like SR then find a hobby or join a club to keep busy and meet new people.

good luck.

Hi there..i am 32 yrs .im from vietnam.now living and work in phnompenh..are you in cambodia now?my  ++++
hope to hear from u.

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi,

I found interest in your advertisement for buying or leasing a bar. I am an Ex-Pat American who has  been living in Thailand for the last 20 years and am looking to move to Cambodia. I recently did a trip to Siem Riep and would love to find a way to get there to live. I am an easy going guy but experienced in many things "marketing based" and thought that perhaps there could be possibility in mutual benefit in knowing each other.
I recall you mentioned for example that you were interested in  6 month on and off situation which would mean for example that you would need someone you could trust running things while you were gone. I owned a bar in Thailand for several years. I don't have a lot of funds presently but could perhaps be useful in many other ways.

I always like to think outside the box so to speak and my instincts were telling me to contact you.

Cheers,

Tom

I forgot to mention that I also have a few ideas I would love to share with you as well that could be successfully integrated in Siem Riep.