More shameless advertising from Fred.

More shameless thread advertising, but with a request.

A few people know I like to take the odd snapshot and publish them on the Indonesia forum.
TAKE A LOOK HERE
But perhaps other members would like to start their own threads on their country's forum.

Just a thought.

Amateur photographers should not feel obliged to compete with Fred. His photos of of a wonderfully high standard, which few will be able to attain. Everybody should just do the best they can!

Amateur photographers?? I even know some semi experienced photographers as well who will share your sentiments!!  :cool:

Great work Fred! (Though I haven't seen new shots on your thread I think..)
Z

I'm just a happy snapper content with enjoying my walks with a camera, but the thread seems to have attracted a few people who like it, so it seems like a good idea for other amateur snappers (or even real photographers) to start their own threads.
I'd love to see other people's take on where they live.

I think I have to agree with the 'happy snapper' approach.. A lot people get carried away into fear of technicalities and/or lighting..  Whereas the only think that matter is the 'click'... If one has a camera, even in the cell phone, just take a snap.. and enjoy!

Xeeschan wrote:

I think I have to agree with the 'happy snapper' approach.. A lot people get carried away into fear of technicalities and/or lighting..!

So true.
Many people get hooked on the settings, but miss the shots whilst they're messing about with the camera.
"It wouldn't have been perfect", they cry as they totally fail to capture a wonderful shot.

None of that messing around, and to Hades with anyone who moans about a slightly less than perfect exposure setting - I want the shot, and I rarely have time to consider much more than the position of the sun, and often not even that.

Absolutely spot on! Its fun and important to learn as much as you can...

But just dont miss a shot coz you can't just simply press a button! Come on!

Fred wrote:

Many people get hooked on the settings, but miss the shots whilst they're messing about with the camera.
"It wouldn't have been perfect", they cry as they totally fail to capture a wonderful shot.

None of that messing around, and to Hades with anyone who moans about a slightly less than perfect exposure setting - I want the shot, and I rarely have time to consider much more than the position of the sun, and often not even that.

There's probably a list of technical issues with these, but I don't care.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7383/15913822473_ef21f2ea0d.jpg

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2912/14755095845_4db69a86e0.jpg

and one of my favourites

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8834/17930793660_98b77333f1_z.jpg

Fred wrote:

Can't argue with what clearly and visibly seems to work... your photos are just great!

Cheers,
James      Expat-blog Experts Team

Yes, who cares about technical issues man, when you are doing things for pleasure! And besides there is nothing that a little retouching cannot fix up!

Great shots by the way!

I greatly admire Fred's talent, though I have never bothered much with photos. I have very few photos of my childhood in the Australian bush, because neither of my parents were into the hobby. Maybe that's where my own lack of enthusiasm originated. The closest I come is creating images with words; I've always been a keen reader, and in later years I became a keen amateur writer. My blog-posts illustrate that minor talent, and here's one post - the only one - I've published on the subject of photography in my life. I gave it the title "Buddy Holly's Father", which seemed appropriate.

barlowscayman.blogspot.com/2014/05/buddy-hollys-father.html

If only I'd had Fred as my travel companion, back then - what a wonderful montage we could have composed! (Mind you, I'd never had married him, like I did the companion I had at the time...)

Gordon Barlow wrote:

I greatly admire Fred's talent, ..... I became a keen amateur writer. My blog-posts illustrate that minor talent,

I admire writers.
I have little talent in that area, my words being to literature what a crack addict's hair after six months without seeing a bath or a comb are to Vidal Sassoon's latest catalogue.
I leave that area alone, but I do enjoy reading - It doesn't have to be Shakespeare or Hardy; a good wordsmith gives life to his ink, creating a picture in his readers' minds.

Gordon Barlow wrote:

If only I'd had Fred as my travel companion, back then - what a wonderful montage we could have composed! (Mind you, I'd never had married him, like I did the companion I had at the time...)

I made a massive mistake when I was about 20 something. I had the chance to take a month in Australia, but I turned it down as I had a new girlfriend I was really in lust with.
That mistake changed my life in many ways, and probably none for the better. She turned out to be a serious error, grumpy as a dog who'd forgotten where it'd buried a delicious bone, and rubbish in the sack.
I ditched her, but it was too late to revive my trip. That mistake led me to a path that didn't involve much exploring.
That being postponed for almost 20 years before I got seriously adventurous.

As for a joint trip and marriage.
Us as a couple in a travelling adventure could have produced results, but I'd never have married you.

Fred wrote:
Gordon Barlow wrote:

I greatly admire Fred's talent, ..... I became a keen amateur writer. My blog-posts illustrate that minor talent,

I admire writers.
I have little talent in that area, my words being to literature what a crack addict's hair after six months without seeing a bath or a comb are to Vidal Sassoon's latest catalogue.
I leave that area alone, but I do enjoy reading - It doesn't have to be Shakespeare or Hardy; a good wordsmith gives life to his ink, creating a picture in his readers' minds.

Gordon Barlow wrote:

I made a massive mistake when I was about 20 something. I had the chance to take a month in Australia, but I turned it down as I had a new girlfriend I was really in lust with.
That mistake changed my life in many ways, and probably none for the better. She turned out to be a serious error, grumpy as a dog who'd forgotten where it'd buried a delicious bone, and rubbish in the sack.
I ditched her, but it was too late to revive my trip. That mistake led me to a path that didn't involve much exploring.
That being postponed for almost 20 years before I got seriously adventurous.

As for a joint trip and marriage.
Us as a couple in a travelling adventure could have produced results, but I'd never have married you.

You have a good sense of humour,  very happy person. No dull moment with you

Mariamns wrote:

I send people to sleep when I talk, make smelly noises from my trousers, and I'm so uncool, I'm likely to be used as a geothermal energy plant when I get finally snuff it and get planted in six feet of earth.

However, I want this played at my funeral.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEPmA3USJdI

That is cool Freddyboy

Fred wrote:
Mariamns wrote:

I send people to sleep when I talk, make smelly noises from my trousers, and I'm so uncool, I'm likely to be used as a geothermal energy plant when I get finally snuff it and get planted in six feet of earth.

However, I want this played at my funeral.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEPmA3USJdI

Epic performance

Meet expats all over the world

OR