Open a bank account in England from France before my move

Hi,
I'd like to know if it's possible to open a bank account in England from France. In fact, I will move near Manchester with my daughter the next summer. She studies actually her last year in a french high shool to obtain her literary baccalaureat. She's very smart in english literature.
My main question is : Does An English bank lend money to buy a property to a french customer before the move in England  ?

Thank you and have a nice day

bibibs wrote:

Hi,
I'd like to know if it's possible to open a bank account in England from France. In fact, I will move near Manchester with my daughter the next summer. She studies actually her last year in a french high shool to obtain her literary baccalaureat. She's very smart in english literature.
My main question is : Does An English bank lend money to buy a property to a french customer before the move in England  ?

Thank you and have a nice day

Good morning bibibs,

Banks are tightening their belts regarding mortgages - due to the current recession.

I would suggest that you contact the banks via email and state your situation. Some of major banks in England are: Barclays, HSBC, RBS, Santander, NatWest, Halifax, Nationwide, Lloyds & First Direct (online only). They all have a rigorous mortgage application system which is linked directly to your income ( and your partners income too, if relevant), and can take upto several months to complete.
You best course of action would be to look online and contact the banks directly.

Good luck with your quest and I hope that your move goes well. If I can help you with anything please let me know as I live just outside Manchester myself,

Chuckle Butty

Thank you very much for your so quick reply.
Have a very nice day.

Fabienne DUBOS