Its tough finding work here

Hello everyone, My name is Jacquelyn. This is my 4th time coming to Malaysia. I have been back almost 3 weeks. I find it so hard to find a job here. I dont have a college degree or speak Malay which seems to make it almost impossible. Anyone have any suggestions for me?
Thanks

Hi Jacquelyn, I hope you are doing good. It is pretty hard to find a job in Malaysia, from my experience too. Theres a requirement set by immigration that expats must be degree holders.Since you are from the U.S, you could maybe try get  a job teaching English? Have you looked around jobstreet?

Almost 99% of people companys hire malaysian local employe for job and its true u must understand malay language to have a good job. U must turn to some other country [Moderated] as for job or either u can do business if u have investment [Moderated]

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not generalise + Do not use foul language
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Mikaila,

I joined jobstreet about 3 years ago and still havent heard anything from then, lol...

Wow, harsh words Yasir. I love this country. It is hard to find a job, but I'm sure not impossible. I hope you and I both find something soon. Good Luck

Yeah, now its quite tough to find a job since ringgit tumbling . Malaysian have a lots of degree holders still unemployed .

Instead of jobstreet you also can find vacancy in monster.com & jenjobs

Thank you. I will check it out

Yasir, from my exprience being a processor of loan . There are many foreigner working in malaysia actually but most of them are being hire in professional field  like engineer, doctor & director .

Furthermore, that is not necessary for you able to converse in malay . Most of foreigner here dont even know malay language but they must have something valueable to offer to the company

hello. I see lot of people looking for jobs.
I have recently posted offer for working partner.

I am observing since last three months the people are looking for jobs with high salary.  yes this is the need but at the same time me being in management we would like to pay to all those who are sincere and hard working.  result oriented.

earning high income is not difficult but working for it and making efforts for the same seems to be less.  This is my personal experience.  Hence we offer less or medium salary. 
we are selective and will choose people who can grow with the company.

simple example even maids want less work and high salary, which was not the case 3 years before.

Hello everyone,

Just to inform you that some posts have been removed from this thread.

We suggest that while exchanging infos, it is best not to argue about the topic.

Best of luck,
Bhavna

Yes, it's really tough finding a job here. I have been looking for a job since the last 7 months. but don't get disheartened. Keep trying. Good luck

If I was desperate....hmm....ok you should be able to get a job in a call center because they need good English speakers and are not fussy about color or appearance or religion or age. NCR operates their international center around Low Yat Plaza (i think), but there are many in Malaysia. Dont know the salary but who cares? Instant job and clean, office environments, nationality unimportant. Do that in the daytime and learn Mandarin at night. Next year, blow out of there because with basic Chinese skills you should be able to upgrade. Good luck.

Dont know Malay? Malay? For what, a government job you couldnt get anyway?

Most of job seekers fail because they don't know how to seek a job.
You have first to identify what are you good at.
Do you have any previous experience in any job?
I would suppose that you are good at communicating with English. So seek a job at call centers as their main requirement is to speak English fluently.
So get a list of all call centers in the city where you live and visit them one by one.
Don't call. Don't send email. Just walk in with your CV in hand and ask to talk to the manager or supervisor. Don't give your CV to the wrong person coz it will end up in trash can.

Which are d call center that require English
am ready to join but how to find a call center it really tuff to find any idea there pls share it any company OK not a problem

Then do business in Malaysia.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security please avoid sharing email address on the forum
Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Publicity not allowed on forum. You may register your services in the Business Directory

Malaysia is not for poor immigrant, no more, Malaysian government has all the rights to protect its own labor market. My experience being in Malaysia for almost 6 years, with Master degree from UK, and experience of almost 10+ years, pl note

1 ) Malaysia is looking for immigrant who can invest money, minimum RM 1.0 million ( no Enterprise company but a private limited , SDN BHD) so you can work for your own company , pay regular taxes, otherwise will have problem in renewal of visa
2) Nice place to live for those  who retired and want to enjoy life in good weather , with good infrastructure, "Malaysia as second home" , Not suitable for poor immigrant , no matter what nationality you have. they don't bother about nationality but money  :)
3) very high skilled labor particularly in the field of Information Technology or Engineering may have chances to be hired by local firms, but must be from top university of the world ( why top university graduate will work in Malaysia ?)

4) They need low grade labor for odd jobs, including Call Center ,for this kind of job they even provide you a room/ a bed / to stay at night / day , and keep working for them, with very low salary,,,,,
5)  Few years back a new job category started since International schools getting popular in Malaysia, " Teacher Category" for that you have to be a "" White " and " Westerner "  , if others even with 20 years of Teaching experience will have difficulty----

Welcome to Malaysia---- :thanks::dumbom:

Regards
S.Haider

That good opportunity should be talked here, not on email, unless it is illegal or low class worker... better discuss openly

Cheers
S.Haider