Residence Card/ Maltese Citizenship/Maltese Passport

Hi all,
Hope you can give me some ideas about these 3 documents.
I lived in Malta for 3 years as my partner is a Maltese. I have Residence Card already.

Now I am going to apply the Maltese citizenship as I get married for 5 years.
However, I am very confused about the procedure as all I found is for residence card. I am afraid I work on the different thing.

How to apply Maltese citizenship and passport?

Could you please advise what should I do? The types of forms are very complicated.
If for Maltese Passport, can I apply together with the citizenship?

Thanks for advance for every tips and help.

Regards,
Sammy

This link gives you all the information you require.

https://identitymalta.com/how-to-apply/

Terry

Good Evening.  I'm new to this group so forgive me if I'm in the wrong post.
I have lived in Malta for 8 years now.  On July 2nd me and my husband went to the Evans building to apply for our new E Residence cards. We had everything we needed to have re:paperwork.  We came away with a receipt.  We are still waiting for our cards?  We moved to Gozo 4 weeks ago and went to Victoria office to change our address and were informed we couldn't change our address without our new E cards. So its now 4 months.  It now cost us 20euros to visit Malta where if we had our new cards would cost 8.10 euros.  It makes me so sad that we have done everything in our power to everything right and now we are being penalized. We went to the Evans office after two months and they said we were in the system. How long should we wait?  Can we do anything to speed things up?

BlackChihuahua wrote:

I have lived in Malta for 8 years now.  On July 2nd me and my husband went to the Evans building to apply for our new E Residence cards. We had everything we needed to have re:paperwork.  We came away with a receipt.  We are still waiting for our cards?  We moved to Gozo 4 weeks ago and went to Victoria office to change our address and were informed we couldn't change our address without our new E cards. So its now 4 months.  It now cost us 20euros to visit Malta where if we had our new cards would cost 8.10 euros.  It makes me so sad that we have done everything in our power to everything right and now we are being penalized. We went to the Evans office after two months and they said we were in the system. How long should we wait?  Can we do anything to speed things up?

You are not being penalised just caught up in the Maltese bureaucracy!

All you can do is keep phoning or maybe pay another visit to the Evans building and plead your case.

If you know anyone who has influence and is Maltese, ask them to phone for you.

Terry

BlackChihuahua wrote:

It could possibly be something to do with your delay in applying, as the eResidence card was introduced to replace the old ID card and residency document 3 years ago and as far as I know expats were obliged to apply, although many didn't!
It only needs one jobsworth to query your application and it could easily get bogged down.

When you get your card with the now incorrect address and go in to the office in Victoria, if you are told it will cost 22 euros each I would query this as apparently it is not been charged in Malta.

Ray