Making phone calls in Barbados

Hi,

When settling in Barbados, one of the priorities is to be able to make phone calls.

How to proceed to get a landline installed in Barbados?

What are the mobile operators?

What is your average monthly budget?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience,

Maximilien

How to proceed to get a landline installed in Barbados?

There are kiosks and stores all over the country. You can visit them and tell them what you want, tv, internet, landline or mobile or bundles. You can also call them on the phone and tell them what you want.

What are the mobile operators?

The two biggest mobile providers on the island are Digicel and Flow. Lime acquired Flow this year and took on the name of Flow. Flow offers all four services. Digicel provides mobile and internet. They both offer  pre paid and post paid services.

What is your average monthly budget?

We have two pre paid mobile phones, and I use mine very little, so it requires little money to keep running. My internet bill runs about $99 Barbados a month. It allows me 2mb download and 1mb upload, and they have other data plans that cost more for more data.

A landline phone might cost a bit more than $35Barbados a month.

The internet speed that I have here is faster than what I had in the US.

TV services are provided by CBC/MCTV, FLOW, and Direct TV. CBC uses the Dish backbone, but provides it's own programming.

Hi,

I am new to the island and have used digicel from day one. I have been here 4 weeks and so far i have only used $45 in pre pay credit. I did buy an internet bundle ($38.99) as I use whatsapp, instagram, and facebook alot and you get free unlimited usage of those apps included in the monthly bundle and 2 GB data. But theres loads of bundle options. The other few dollars have gone on local calls. If you do make alot of phone calls, pre pay bundles are also available for that.

Hope this helps