Chiselling Taxi Drivers

Heard this story that some guy from work was recently  relived of his Iphone cash etc by his taxi driver who held a chisel to his throat FFS!

But it would be culturally insensitive to fight back against a poor, chisel wielding cabby <---- oh, look at me, I'm so PC and stuff  :rolleyes:

If it had been me mate he'd have only got my fingers in his eyes & loose his car keys too

Not unexpected situation ....  two guys from my Co. have had the same case, recently in Benghazi.Except - there were two of bad guys, bigger one had a machete, and they locked the back door in order to prevent victims to escape. Result - 800 EUR less in their pockets and almost a heart attack from fear ....

Was it a government-licensed (black and white) taxi? Or an ordinary guy working his own car? Cause if it's the former, the likelihood of that happening is very, very small.

zlatan wrote:

Not unexpected situation ....  two guys from my Co. have had the same case, recently in Benghazi.Except - there were two of bad guys, bigger one had a machete, and they locked the back door in order to prevent victims to escape. Result - 800 EUR less in their pockets and almost a heart attack from fear ....

Wow. Just wow. What kind of IDIOT gets into a taxi with two guys in it?? Anywhere in the world, the first and most basic safety rule for taking a taxi is NEVER get in when there's more than one person.
Even if there's three of you and two of them, you are likely to be taken someplace nasty where they have friends waiting. I'm sorry, but if your friends really have THAT little common sense then they almost deserved to lose their money.

Thebigtuna wrote:

Was it a government-licensed (black and white) taxi? Or an ordinary guy working his own car? Cause if it's the former, the likelihood of that happening is very, very small.

zlatan wrote:

Wow. Just wow. What kind of IDIOT gets into a taxi with two guys in it?? Anywhere in the world, the first and most basic safety rule for taking a taxi is NEVER get in when there's more than one person.
Even if there's three of you and two of them, you are likely to be taken someplace nasty where they have friends waiting. I'm sorry, but if your friends really have THAT little common sense then they almost deserved to lose their money.

Almost all of your posts are full of condescending bullsh!t . Why do you feel the need to belittle people in almost every post you make ?. You come across as a real know it all in just about every subject matter.

Not sure about you Clansman, but by the looks of all BT's posts I feel he is being an a** by contradicting with every scenario posted here. Let me ask you this BT check out one of recent post about the police at the Tripoli Airport, what can you say about that?

Gernademan wrote:

Not sure about you Clansman, but by the looks of all BT's posts I feel he is being an a** by contradicting with every scenario posted here. Let me ask you this BT check out one of recent post about the police at the Tripoli Airport, what can you say about that?

I agree, I wonder if he ever posted under another username :rolleyes:

Clansman wrote:

I wonder if he ever posted under another username :rolleyes:

http://www.torontorunningclub.com/wp-content/suspicion-is-funny.jpg

:lol::lol:

Clansman wrote:

Almost all of your posts are full of condescending bullsh!t . Why do you feel the need to belittle people in almost every post you make ?. You come across as a real know it all in just about every subject matter.

I actually was gonna respond with something sarcastic, but I decided against it because it would only spread bad feelings. I just wanna say that not even close to all of my posts are condescending or belittle anyone. Your own tone is pretty annoying, acting like something is supposed to be a given just because you said so.

At the same time I would like to apologize if a couple of my posts in the other topic came off as sounding arrogant. I have been without a computer for the past few days, and typed those posts on a phone. Because of that I've tried to keep things as to the point as possible, which is probably why I might have sounded arrogant. My tone is really something I should watch out for.

However, I think you are rather green and not really used to the idea of how rough life is in third world countries. Why I feel sorry that they lost their money, what these guys did was VERY naive and could have been easily avoided with some basic common sense. I don't think it's arrogant of me to express my astonishment at their naiveness, nor do I think I was being hostile to anyone by doing so. If to you any criticism of an action is automatically equivalent to a personal attack then you are an awfully thin-skinned person.

Gernademan wrote:

Not sure about you Clansman, but by the looks of all BT's posts I feel he is being an a** by contradicting with every scenario posted here.

Polly want a cracker?

Clansman wrote:

I agree, I wonder if he ever posted under another username :rolleyes:

Right. Because you aren't AT ALL aware that the "person" you're agreeing with is just a certain user's pseudonym.

Thebigtuna wrote:
Clansman wrote:

I actually was gonna respond with something sarcastic, but I decided against it because it would only spread bad feelings. I just wanna say that not even close to all of my posts are condescending or belittle anyone. Your own tone is pretty annoying, acting like something is supposed to be a given just because you said so.

At the same time I would like to apologize if a couple of my posts in the other topic came off as sounding arrogant. I have been without a computer for the past few days, and typed those posts on a phone. Because of that I've tried to keep things as to the point as possible, which is probably why I might have sounded arrogant. My tone is really something I should watch out for.

However, I think you are rather green and not really used to the idea of how rough life is in third world countries. Why I feel sorry that they lost their money, what these guys did was VERY naive and could have been easily avoided with some basic common sense. I don't think it's arrogant of me to express my astonishment at their naiveness, nor do I think I was being hostile to anyone by doing so. If to you any criticism of an action is automatically equivalent to a personal attack then you are an awfully thin-skinned person.

Thank you for that, I also would like to apologize as I have a rather irritating habit of being overly aggressive if I feel a poster is talking down to someone :top:

No hard feelings bud.

So it starts as an unsubstantiated rumour and finishes as a cat fight.

This forum goes from heights to even greater heights.

Thebigtuna wrote:

No hard feelings bud.

Cheers mate appreciate that :thanks:

Needing to use an emoticon to convey sarcasm: -5 internets