New members of the USA forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015

Newbie on the USA forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in the USA if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread
New members of the USA forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hey pps! I'm a Brazilian vuy who's planning to move to the U.S

Welcome.  Where do you plan on moving to?

Are you going to be working?

What made you decide to move to the US?

Bob K

hi ! my name is Mokhtar from Oran Algeria. i live in small city in Florida.i would like to get in contact with algerian community here in the us.hope to hear from u.thanx

Hi my name is Nika and I'm from The Bahamas. I'm interested in working and living in the U.S. specifically Florida; can anyone give me some pointers on how this can become possible?

Hello,

I'm a Greek Cypriot, had lived in Florida and Texas since 1985. I live in a city with no other Greek Cypriots, just a couple of Greek ladies.

If you are moving in Texas and have questions I would be glad to answer them as well as I can. Texas is a huge state and I mainly know west TX.

Hoping to return to Cyprus in the next few years.

Thanks!
Dora

:)
Currently living in CA but maybe, maybe, returning to FJ to live for another 10+ years.

I am Louis, a Ghanaian and I live in Accra. I am a University graduate with Bsc Accounting.

Louis O. Apenteng wrote:

I am Louis, a Ghanaian and I live in Accra. I am a University graduate with Bsc Accounting.

Good luck, but USA already has  enough accounting BS.

Well am ian as I have said before and am safari guide in tanzania and I want to start a bussines dialing with tourism so for me I think usa is right place to be for the marketing for my bussines

Hi!

I live and work in the beautiful San Francisco Bay Area. Beside providing legal consultation, I am also a global entrepreneur. I love meeting and helping people from all over the world. Feel free to contact me anytime.

Candice

Hi there. I thought this blog was for someone who is a "native" American, looking at possibly living out of the USA...
thebiggs

biggs welcome to the forums.  Actually you should post this question on the forum of the country you are looking at.

Bob K

Hi all, I am Indonesian, South East Asia.
I will moved to US in 10th November as my Visa and ticket ready.
I am moving with my Husband a US citizen and we will live is Garland, Texas.
Hope to see some friends from same city or at least close.

Good luck everyone!

Hi all!

A friend and I are looking at moving over to the United States in June of 2016. I have a legal background (paralegal/secretarial) however no degree. My friend has a business degree. We don't know where to start in terms of employment, visas etc?

Thank you! :)

Hi friends,
I am from Myanmar and looking to move to the USA and I don't know much about Visas/employment. I have 5 years  experience in construction reinforced concrete building as a construction engineer and I have a  civil engineering master degree. Would it be easy enough for me to find employment and where should I be looking to help me find suitable roles?

Thank you!

bungakomalasar good luck on  your new adventure

Bob K

Demiclaire and Htun Yarzar welcome to both of you to the forums.

You need to read the  multiple threads here on moving to the US as well as the Visa section,  as well as the multiple "sticky" threads on the top of the page.   Look at the upper right corner of this page for links to multiple threads on these subjects.  Then feel free to come back and ask any questions you may have

Bob K

Hi welcome to the State
I hope you're enjoying Texas
Diana

Hi. My name is Don Lee. I was born in Seoul, Korea and immigrated to Los Angeles, USA when I was 15. My background is electrical and computer science. I used to work for big companies doing chip design. Now I build my own global network business.

Good day, my name is chima valentine, just joined,   i am a university graduate of cooperative economics and management,  i have a working experience as a marketing executive, and as an administrative officer.A citizen of Nigeria, and looking looking forward to moving to the united states in a bid to secure a job and i will be grateful for any assistance towards my economic migration.Thank you all.

Hello! candice
my name is valentine and i just joined the Expat.com. Is there any way you can assist me to move to USA and also help me secure a job?

Good day, am chima valentine from Nigeria, a university graduate with 4 years of work experience as a sales representative and also as an administrative officer. I will be delighted to make new friends from the united states and also migrate for possible economic reasons. Thank you for your warm welcome.

valone wrote:

Good day, am chima valentine from Nigeria, a university graduate with 4 years of work experience as a sales representative and also as an administrative officer. I will be delighted to make new friends from the united states and also migrate for possible economic reasons. Thank you for your warm welcome.

Good luck.

Hey, I'm living in England (Surrey) but due to re-locate to South California in the next 6-8 months. All a bit of a rush and needing lots of help and advice on the right areas to move to. Will hope to make two trips in Dec and Jan to make decisions. Have two young girls of 7 and 1 so want to get our decisions right for them.

jods wrote:

Hey, I'm living in England (Surrey) but due to re-locate to South California in the next 6-8 months. All a bit of a rush and needing lots of help and advice on the right areas to move to. Will hope to make two trips in Dec and Jan to make decisions. Have two young girls of 7 and 1 so want to get our decisions right for them.

Where will you be working?

Hey there all!

I'm a French Citizen, currently living in Dubai but looking to move to the US – particularly Los Angeles.

Long story short – my partner, a UK citizen, has recently been offered a job in Santa Monica and I will be looking to join him there (Note: we are not married).

Pretty lost on how I'm going to get there to be honest…and that's exactly the reason I joined this forum!

Thanks all 

Hi all,
My name is Muhammad, currently living & working in Saudi Arabia since around 10 years.
I'm working with prestigious UK based company, and my expertise included Industrial Security Systems and Telecommunications.
I'm willing to move to US if there opportunities in the field of Security System.
Thanks.

My Country of origin is PAKISTAN.
Thanks.

Maeva89 wrote:

Hey there all!

I'm a French Citizen, currently living in Dubai but looking to move to the US – particularly Los Angeles.

Long story short – my partner, a UK citizen, has recently been offered a job in Santa Monica and I will be looking to join him there (Note: we are not married).

Pretty lost on how I'm going to get there to be honest…and that's exactly the reason I joined this forum!

Thanks all 

Do you intend to marry?  If not, your visa more than tourist may be difficult.

We are not planning to get married at the minute – he is leaving pretty soon as well, so that would also be complicated. It all came out of the blue.

I'm trying to see what would be the best way to move there. A traineeship maybe (J1 visa)? Although I have a degree and over 2 years of professional experience, do I still qualify for a traineeship J1 visa?

Looks like finding a real job in the US is hard! Unless it is a French company sponsoring me? Visa E2? I'm REALLY lost!

But I am open to many options and we have savings…

If you could give me your opinion, that would be much appreciated  Cheers!

Maeva89 wrote:

We are not planning to get married at the minute – he is leaving pretty soon as well, so that would also be complicated. It all came out of the blue.

I'm trying to see what would be the best way to move there. A traineeship maybe (J1 visa)? Although I have a degree and over 2 years of professional experience, do I still qualify for a traineeship J1 visa?

Looks like finding a real job in the US is hard! Unless it is a French company sponsoring me? Visa E2? I'm REALLY lost!

But I am open to many options and we have savings…

If you could give me your opinion, that would be much appreciated  Cheers!

J1 sounds possible, but you will need a sponsor, will have 30 days to leave the USA once you are finished.

Dutch native but already 25 years living in the USA and ready to leave this polarized rather egocentric society. Big lover of culture in general but especially art and music. Retired and active and hate to be bored!

Hi Joao Martins from Angola, currnetly living in South Africa, I would like to live in America for year or so, currently I am in the Oil and Gas Field. I would like some recommendations please or anyone who is keen to help, I am planning to visit the States next year.

How can i move to USA..

TPO wrote:

How can i move to USA..

Information says you already in Portland?

mugtech wrote:
TPO wrote:

How can i move to USA..

Information says you already in Portland?

Think that TPO is the business that is being promoted/moved.

Hi! I am a mommy of 2 boys. I am Portuguese, living in Holland and we are all moving to the USA next year 2016- Atlanta GA. I would love to meet people from Atlanta. My husband got a job there. I will look for a job, as soon as I am there. For now, I am busy with the moving: place to live, schools, ...

MariadfdCruz 

Welcome.

Please post this on the Atlanta forum:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=643

BObK

Thanks, Bob!

Closed