New members of Turkey forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015

ok nice this is my contact line XXX u can contact me and send me your contact thru thr

Moderated by Julien 8 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please exchange your contact details in private
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi ..
I am Waseem 28 from Syria, arrived to Turkey on 22 oct 2015 fleeing war , still confused, little lonely, looking for a job and friends , I am staying in Gebze at the moment and not sure where to settle down eventually.

I am willing to move to Anatalya for living with my family.
Name is Ahmed Rezika. Egyptian.. working in Jeddah. 
Willing to find a resonable 2 bed room apartment  and a school for 14 years old daughter.
I've seen this blog suportive in older subjects, so I am encouraged to join.

Hi,

I'm not an expat, but I just found this site so interesting with a lot of information about all the various countries around the world that might be useful. I was born and raised here in the Netherlands to Turkish parents :)

Özcan Erdönmez

Hi, Batool,

I'm sorry for bringing this up, I know it's off topic (my apologies), but I was just curious about your name. Batool seems to be the exact same as Bëtül in Turkish. Apparently it's Arabic, I didn't even know that, I seriously thought it was a Turkish name. When I saw your name, I immediately thought to myself;  "How strange, a Pakistani with a Turkish name!" LOL :)

HI Waseem,

Welcome to Turkey. Your situation must be understandably tough, however the forum is here to support you as much as possible. You can post your resume and search for vacancies in JOBS section. Further, since Gebze is an industrial area and a lot of ports/ warehouses are located there, I would suggest that you visit some offices to drop off your resume. It would be a good thing for you eventually.

Good luck
Z

semobello wrote:

Hi ..
I am Waseem 28 from Syria, arrived to Turkey on 22 oct 2015 fleeing war , still confused, little lonely, looking for a job and friends , I am staying in Gebze at the moment and not sure where to settle down eventually.

HI Ahmed,

You may want to post in Antalya forum for better responses.  You will also find threads there discussing schools for children. For accommodation, you can search/post ad in the HOUSING section.

Good luck
Z

rezikalf2 wrote:

I am willing to move to Anatalya for living with my family.
Name is Ahmed Rezika. Egyptian.. working in Jeddah. 
Willing to find a resonable 2 bed room apartment  and a school for 14 years old daughter.
I've seen this blog suportive in older subjects, so I am encouraged to join.

thank you very much Xeeschan for the nice advise and your support

No problem Ahmed

semobello wrote:

thank you very much Xeeschan for the nice advise and your support

Thanks, I am still trying to find my way around the site, it looks rich with data and discussions

No problem. try using the search box on top of the page with keywords.  Chances are, your queries have already been discussed with solutions.

Good luck
Z

rezikalf2 wrote:

Thanks, I am still trying to find my way around the site, it looks rich with data and discussions

Hey my names are David Buri Kamau aged 26 Kenyan by nationality and ID.I have been working in Dubai.U.A.E for the last 4years 6months as a Security Officer in a company called First Security Group.I have attained several certificates from this company.They are as follows:- Dubai security training course.,Four Basic security Modules., Health and Safety course.,International First Aid course.,CCTV Operator course.,Loss Prevention System and many other certificates.Currently am on cancellation of my visa planning to settle down with family.Given opportunity elsewhere would like to relocate again and offer my services.
Looking forward for a positive reply.
Thanks

Moderated by Julien 8 years ago
Reason : for your own safety, please exchange your contact details in private
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi David, welcome on board  :cheers:

This thread is dedicated to new members who can introduce themselves on the forum.
For jobs I would like to refer to the jobs section in the green banner above the page where you leave your CV there as well.

Good luck!

Hi Turkish Dutch,

Hehe :) yeah my name is Arabic and i believe some of its version definitely do exist in Turkish :)
like ahmed in Arabic and Ahmet in Turkish :)
Anyways its nice to meet u :)

Hi,

My names Ugur, i'm originally from istanbul moved to britain at a young age. Coming to istanbul next week, have bought a one way ticket, looking to visit family in central turkey and then do a bit of sight seeing, after that will be looking at finding a job, and hopefully make some like-minded friends. Already met someone on here, so far so good.

Ugur (London, UK)

Hi everybody , im Irenne from Indonesia , have plan to move to turkey on March 2016 for working , my background is marketing (drop out) , i can cook indonesia, simple western food , diligent, love kids , etc :)

is there anybody who can helps who find a job?

Thanks

Search/post an ad in the JOBS section please.

Thank you
Z

Irenne Dewi wrote:

Hi everybody , im Irenne from Indonesia , have plan to move to turkey on March 2016 for working , my background is marketing (drop out) , i can cook indonesia, simple western food , diligent, love kids , etc :)

is there anybody who can helps who find a job?

Thanks

Thanks Z... will do ..

No problem
Good luck
Z

Irenne Dewi wrote:

Thanks Z... will do ..

Hi,
My name is Pallavi.I have just moved in to Istanbul from Mumbai two weeks back.Currently living with a Turkish family and would like to meet more Indians who are here.

Hi all, I`m kinda new to this site so please forgive me if i bring up old topics. My name is Umar I`m 29 years old. I`m a South African and I plan to move to Istanbul by mid December. Any advice for a newb such as myself?

Welcome on board Umar  :cheers:

I advise to browse through several topics on this forum to gather as much information.
If you have still questions, don't hesitate to ask them but preferably on the thread of your concern as this thread is dedicated to new members who introduce themselves.

Happy searching!

Welcome to the forum Umar

The following thread should be helpful for you..

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 41#2474451

Enjoy
Z

Umar236 wrote:

Hi all, I`m kinda new to this site so please forgive me if i bring up old topics. My name is Umar I`m 29 years old. I`m a South African and I plan to move to Istanbul by mid December. Any advice for a newb such as myself?

Thanks Primadona I`ll keep that in mind. hope you having a great day

Umar236 wrote:

Thanks Primadona I`ll keep that in mind. hope you having a great day

:top:  You too!

hi!!!
im not currebtly in Turkey but Im looking forward to visit or even work in that country,, is there anyone here that can i ask for any idea of having a Job there even just a couple of months???

im from the philippines by the way..
Thanks..

I usually recommend anyone planning to move to another country in search of jobs to actually pick up a news paper and read about the country's economy, political situation and inflation & employment rate.

Good luck
Z

hessa08 wrote:

hi!!!
im not currebtly in Turkey but Im looking forward to visit or even work in that country,, is there anyone here that can i ask for any idea of having a Job there even just a couple of months???

im from the philippines by the way..
Thanks..

Hi
My name is Berry I am  retired American citizen Already in Antalya
I have been here for the last two weeks on 3 months visa ,I have tried to get a medical insurance
but due to my age they won,t insure me.
I would appreciate if you could give me the name of a medical insurance that insures
people over 65 years.
Thanks

Merhaba! Hello!  :)

My name is Elita. I am from Latvia.
In the year 2016, I am planning to move to Ankara with my boyfriend who is employed by SunExpress Turkey.
It is something new for me, but as I visited Turkey before, I really enjoyed the time here.

I am currently studying Tourism and business management in my home country, but I am going to continue my studies in Turkey.  I also have previous work experience of working in Tourism industry.

With my part-time (long distance) studies I would like to find a job (internship, volunteering) in Ankara.
Could you please recommend me where I can apply?

Have a nice day! :)

Hi Elita

There are quiet a few tourism firms in Ankara that you may find through online search. Though I would advise you to read their reviews before applying.

On this website, you can search/post your resume in the JOBS section for better responses.

Good luck
Z

Elita_ wrote:

In the year 2016, I am planning to move to Ankara with my boyfriend who is employed by SunExpress Turkey.
It is something new for me, but as I visited Turkey before, I really enjoyed the time here.

I am currently studying Tourism and business management in my home country, but I am going to continue my studies in Turkey.  I also have previous work experience of working in Tourism industry.

With my part-time (long distance) studies I would like to find a job (internship, volunteering) in Ankara.

Thank you very much!

I will check it.

Have a nice evening!

Elita

Thank you very much!

I will check it.

Have a nice evening!

Elita

Xeeschan wrote:

Hi Elita

There are quiet a few tourism firms in Ankara that you may find through online search. Though I would advise you to read their reviews before applying.

On this website, you can search/post your resume in the JOBS section for better responses.

Good luck
Z

Elita_ wrote:

Glad I could be of help

Elita_ wrote:

Thank you very much!

I will check it.

Have a nice evening!

Elita

Hi Berry,

From what I know, the Turkish govt has recently abolished health insurance for expats over 65. Provided all requirements are satisfied in your residence permit application, private health insurance is not required for you if you are over 65.

Please feel free to post any other question if this does not answer your query.

Good luck
Z

berryhatami1975 wrote:

Hi
My name is Berry I am  retired American citizen Already in Antalya
I have been here for the last two weeks on 3 months visa ,I have tried to get a medical insurance
but due to my age they won,t insure me.
I would appreciate if you could give me the name of a medical insurance that insures
people over 65 years.
Thanks

Hi everyone my name is Maria I have lived in United States all my life but I was born in Mexico I will be visiting Turkey soon and was hoping to talk to people who reside there . Thank you

Hi everyone, I have recently moved to Turkey from Pakistan and living in Istanbul. I am looking for some good Pakistani friends (preferably females). I need company of some country fellows. However, everyone is warmly welcomed.

Hi all

Am a Lebanese working in Qatar ,am planning to move to Turkey within 6 months, i am a art director and event project manager with more than 23 years of experience .

Hello ,

My name is Saed and I am studying masters  in electronics engineering in Istanbul. Me and my friends would like to know how to find out about the events in Istanbul as we want to explore the city and go out sometime.

please if you have any idea about that let me know ?

Thanks in advance,

Hi Saed
You can keep checking the EVENTS section for any current events.

Z

Greetings from Antalya .
Almost all the days  we have sunny skies here . No any wx pollution and compare to
Istanbul ,quiet easy to live for both locals and foreigners .
Me ?   just an ordinary citizen born/lives in Turkey .
All the bests to all members/ admins /mods  of this web site and hope that we share many things here to help each other .
Best regards .
Edojidai.

Closed