New members of Sweden forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015

Newbie on Sweden forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Sweden if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread
New members of Sweden forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hi Im Clarence from Sri Lanka. I hope to do a job in Sweden. Im looking for a  packing job, fruit packing job, cleaning job or any other related job.

Hello! I'm Ruth...will be in Sweden soon and hope to find any part time job☺

Hi everybody
I'm still in Italy but looking for a job up there to join you :)
I'm a teacher (Italian Culture and Literature, Philosophy and Art disciplines (photo, cinema, theatre, radio).
...and I don't speak Swedish yet :( but Italian, English, French and Portuguese

Hej hej,

My name is Jonathan and I'm from the Netherlands. After my study i want to move to Sweden. I already taught myself Swedish, but i realy want to learn more!! Also I would love to get more information about this beautiful country and about living/working in Stockholm.
Can you help me?
Im looking for swedish (-talking) people who I can chat with (maybe living in the Netherlands or want to live in the Netherlands, so i can help you).
Tack så mycket ;)

Jonathan

I'm from Jamaica I would love to move to Sweden.  My first priority is to get a ordinary local job.

Hi
I am a 27 years old architect From lebanon looking for a opportunity to work and live in sweden and to find a suitable job in the construction field / Architecture / management / Autocad etc...

Thank you for your time
xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hej Hej!
I am moving to Sweden hopefully within the year - if the MV will ever approve my application for the sambo visa! I'm learning swedish, and excited to be moving to be with the love of my life. I am a business owner, and a Pro Hair an Makeup artist from California, then moved to Portland Oregon.  I am always looking online for forums like these to meet other expats and make friends and hear their experiences.  I can't wait to move!  How long did some of you wait to be approved, it's been 6 months so far (which as I've heard, is like nothing compared to some of the wait times :( )

Hello everyone
And thank you for welcoming me
Actually i am from lebanon. I am a social worker and activist for human rights and women rights.
With my husband we have achieved the first civil marriage in lebanon as a challenge for human rights and we won the case. But in our battle religious people and political ones were against us. And now my family especially my little child are threatned to death.
So i thought of leaving lebanon to protect my son.
I have a B.A in English literature and i can work in different domains, same is my husband, he has a degree in programming and can work in different domains too.
I would like to know if this can be achieved.
My baby is 2 years old.
Do you think it is possible to move? Will we be given protecrion and allowance of stay and how?
By the way you can surf the internet for our story by our names: kholoud and nidal first civil marriage in lebanon.

Thank you in advance for reading or any kind of help
Regarda
Kholoud sukkarieh

Need help to reach sweden and get a job

You need to get out of Lebanon ASAP. You can apply for visit visa first to get out of the country. Any country will give you political asylum as soon as you enter by presenting your case. your case is cut and dry you will be accepted anywhere in the world. I wish you good luck. My name is Vinny Adavikolanu and you can reach me on vinnybunty at Gmail or Phone  001 650 396 8107.

Best Wishes,
Vinny Adavikolanu

Thank you for your advice.will do so

Welcome. Good Luck Pl feel free to write me back if you need any kind of help. My mail id is vinnybunty at gmail

Best Wishes,
Vinny Adavikolanu

Hi , my name is Charles a Ugandan expat , I would like to live and work in Sweden. Iam looking for job opportunity and  make friends with anyone living in Sweden.
Thanks

Hello everybody,

My name is Michaël, I'm 27 and I'm a French PhD student working on Immunology and currently living in Toulouse (South of France). I will obtain my PhD in 2 years and I would like to perform my Post-Doc in Sweden or Norway it will depend on the field and the opportunities in each country.
I have ever been in Sweden and Norway for holidays and this was a fantastic experience. Wonderful landscapes, people are always smiling, talkative and polite, but the food .. :)
If someone is working on Imlunology, Cancer, or virology as PhD or engineer in this field and want to talk with me, it's up to you.
I'm also trying to learn Swedish for my pleasure, so if you have some nice advice or website to help me to improve my learning this would be so nice.
Hej då,
Michaël.

Hi people!

Am from A.A Ethiopia currently in Sweden Kramfors. Please connect to me.

Peace!

My name is Huma.I am life sciences BS Hons,doing a government job in Pakistan.I want to move to Sweden for better future of my child.I am a single parent of one child.please guide me which is the best way to live and work in Sweden.Is study visa  suitable for me to enter in Sweden?In Pakistan there are many insecurities i have been facing for years.I have met many visa agents but I am afraid of transferring money to wrong hands.I have no friend or relative in Sweden.please guide me.

regards!

Do not pay money to any one. Apply for some college get a seat once if you are here you will find a way out. Life is not easy but much easier than Pakistan. Find a college on the internet and get admission. Good Luck.

Vinny Adavikolanu

Thanks a lot for your advice.will do so

You are welcome Please feel free to ask me questions. my mail id is vinnybunty at gmail

Best Wishes,
Vinny Adavikolanu

Hej,
I am Michelle now living in Falun.  Hopefully for a long time too :)

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid copy-paste
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi...im Miles..
I came from Philippines..
Im here in sweden at the moment...
I live in my Fiance's house in malmo..and soon it will be my home (SWEDEN)
Well hell yeah..its not easy to live in different country..no family,no friends..grhhh!! Is there anyone who else feel the same here hahaha.
Well im looking forward to find a friends someday..somehow..somewhere..☺😚😁😁

hi there!

Muzammil here and im currently residing Singapore and have always dreamt of trying my luck abroad.
Sweden have always been a dream destination, however i'm unsure of the possibilities there.
I am currently in the design & education sector, and would really appreciate any advice on possible working opportunities there.

Being in my late 20's, I think the time is right for me to try something different and gain much needed experience.

Appreciate your kind advice everyone :)

Hello Hello,
I am a Turkish Personal Foreign Trade Expert also professional Sailing instructor and Sailing Captain with 200 Grs Tn International Licence. I enrolled to Folkun University Language Coursestarting on Jan 26th. I am most probably landing to Sweden in the second half of January 2016 to Goteborg. I am employed by a company and paperwork is in process. My accomodation is managed and I cant wait to start working there.
I feel hopeful and positive about my move.
Hope to learn useful/ practical info about Goteborg/ Sweden.

All the best,
Tolga.

Hi Massimo, before Goteborg I ll visit Italy for few ds. We could meet and chat about Sweden. Which city are you in? Cheers from Istanbul.
Tolga.

Hi Im apple from Philippines,Im new here in this forum,before i visit Sweden as a tourist,now i applied residence permit.hello everyone.

Hello again, anyone around Guthenborg?

Hello there again..How are you?  Did you got my reply?

Hi I'm Ashleigh, 28 and currently living in the UK.

I'm planning on moving to Örebro next year once I'm sorted financially and linguistically (saving, learning Swedish etc) to live with my boyfriend who is a native Swede!

Very excited, very nervous and totally overwhelmed! Haha

I applied for sambo and am waiting too :')

hej I am a young Algerian doctoral student in 3rd year in food technology, I have a three-month internship for research and analysis in order to complete my PhD seen as sweden is a develloper country very advanced technology, my wish this course is to have a view that funding will be by my school, that's what I can do to have a university's home upsala letter or a scientific research laboratory and thank you

bonjour j aimerais vous aider mais je connais le francais seulement . merci

Hi Lamri

Since this is an Anglo forum,  is suggest you post in English.

Thank you
Z

i am here send me your letter in french  i speak french  a bientot  merci

Hi:
My name is  Maher, new in the Lovely Sweden, I speak English and Arabic.
I can't wait to make new friends.

Hı fellows, i wish you all a happy 2016.. Is it finished? NO it's Swedish :))

HI
If you managed to reach to any of the EU member states, you can apply for asylum on the basis of your life is in danger back in Libanon.
check this link: (migrationsverket.se ), this`s in case you want to come to Sweden, so you can have an idea about how is it going to be.
Good Luck

Hi my name is Aiden currently living in england but hoping to move to gothenburg soon. As much as i love the city itself, i am doing this for a girl, We have a long distance relationship, But it hurts to have to say goodbye. I am running out of options and im afraid that it may be time to call it quits. If i somehow got work in gothenburg, I would allow myself time within the city then tell her i am there. Then hopefully look for full time work and become a citizen.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=553919

Thanks! 

Closed