New members of South Africa forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015

Newbie on South Africa forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in South Africa if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread
New members of South Africa forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hi guys

I have been in SA for just over a week now and still getting used to everything. I am living near the Gateway centre in Umhlanga. Whilst everyone has been very friendly and helpful I'm finding myself at a bit of a loss with what to do with myself outside work as it's just me on my tod at the mo.

Hi Winnum,

I like yourself have recently arrived from the UK. I can fully appreciate how hard it is being here when you don't know anybody or where the best places to go are. With that in mind I started a group on meetup called Durban British Expats. We are meeting up this Wed evening at The Dutch down in the village feel free to join the group and come along. I have been lucky in that I have managed to meet a lot of other fellow Brits here in Umhlanga and would be happy to introduce you to them. I am also living in Gateway so if you would like to go for a beer sometime drop me a line.

Regards
Ian

Hello, my name is Daniel Isern and I'm from Barcelona. I am a high school sutent and i'm doing a research work about the Apartheid in South Africa. It would be possible to do an interview in private/public, or bymail? It will help me a lot in my work to know better what happened with diferents points of view and it would go either to expand my research work.
The questions are:
1. Over what period of time you were in South Africa ?
2. How you explain the apartheid era that you live?
3. How were organized and distributed the white and black population in the country?
4. What scenes of injustice and what you scored more during your stay in South Africa?
5. As a citizen you think has been the proper performance of Nelson Mandela?
6. What do you think were their successes and what their mistakes?
7. How do you see South Africa today? In what ways do you think has improved compared to 20 years ago and which do you think is worse?

my name is peter chigova ,I am from Zimbabwe and came just a month ago .I am a qualified and experienced diesel mechanic no job at the moment and things are just tight friends.

Hello All,
I am Dipankar from India, and i am a software professional. I have got an offer, and i am planning to go to Joburg by Mid of Jan 2016. Again depends on how much time visa processing and work permit takes. I will be coming along with my wife and Kid, They will join me little later, may be 3-4 months, till then i plan to settle down in Joburg.

Hi i am from Dubai , an want to make friends with South Africans , so if anyone wants to come to Dubai , i can share helpful information an advice , look forward to meeting y,ll .

hi. I live in Johannesburg. Im looking for a Filipino Grocer, and hence making contact with Filipino expats in Johannesburg

Hi my name john im a electrician  with single phase electrical wiremans license and looking for a job im also registrade as a electrical contractor

my name is Ayobami a Nigeria an Engineer by profession planning to visit for tourist for now but to stay later in the year. I want to see and known  the prospect and future of SA.

Hello there. My name is Primarashni Gower, a South African. I am not an expat but am looking to meet Sri Lankans in Johannesburg. I have visited Sri Lanka twice in 10 years and enjoy the people there.

good day .iam a zimbabwean aged 28 ,wishing to move to south africa for better green pasture.i am a class two driver have passion in the transport industry.          thank you for your kindness i all be glad to be in such a beautiful place like south africa.

Hi my are Ibrahim b am in south africa I would like to inform you that am looking for a subcontracts in DRC in lubumbashi katanga
[Moderated]

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

heya ,, im shadaz khan from india and im currently planning to apply for a ms degree or mba programme under capetown university .. ive done ma bsc in computer science in india and ive been working for a fish farm here with my dad who owns it ive been workin ther for 2 years ... i wnna pursue ma master degree from capetown ... its a destination worth spending  :top:  ... any help will be highly appreciated .. cheers  :cheers:

Hi
In cape town all is quite well just come

hie my name is givemore muchenje.i am a zimbabwean who is a coavh builde by profession.currently i am in cape town. south africa.l am looking for a boiler maker, coach builder or driving code 14 jobs.
thank you
enjoy.

Hi,
I am Kenyan working in South Africa-Port Elizabeth for one month. I would like to meet new friends here.
Anyone please hit my inbox and i will send you my contacts.
Cheers

hie am Shakes Mabutho from Botswana i wanna move to South Africa for green pasture am holding Higher National Diploma in Construction Engineering Class B driving license .......................

Patrick abonyi is my name. I am currently at Ghana now but I like to move from Ghana to southafrica, I'm computer engineer. I need help from any of the group member, where I will stay for short time . I promise am not a bad person, kindle help me

Hello everyone,

Welcome to Expat.com  :)

@ Patrick abonyi, please read the Living in South Africa guide so that you get some useful infos and better prepare yourself.

Best of luck,
Bhavna

Hi
I am Lehto Amunyela, Tourism student from Namibia, Currently studying towards a Bachelor's Degree in Tourism at the Polytechnic of Namibia.

I am hardworking, dedicated and can work well with challenging tasks. In addition, I am helpful without hesitation and have the energy and desire to work well with people who require assistance. I would like to improve my experience in working with a diverse group of people and in an environment that promotes entrepreneurship. This job will therefore enhance my skills acquired through my academics together with the theoretical knowledge and understanding that I have in customer service, cross selling, good interpersonal and communication skills and computer skills.

I am not scared of work and eager to learn as much as possible. I adapt very quickly to a new working environment and get along with most people. I believe that I am more efficient when working under pressure and get things done fast and affectively. I also find working with people from different cultures and at corporate levels a challenge and it inspires me to do my best in my daily duties. The more responsibilities I have the better I function.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid sharing contact infos and talking about ethnic segregation on the forum please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

im a professional painter and building maintener

hello everyone. I want to visit SA next year and I am from the Philippines.

Well am Nyabando. Witness teaching in South Africa. And want to know more about the forum

Hey, julie here, working as a nurse and studying towards mph. Would like to meet responsible ugandans.

Hi
Get intouch lam in Cape Town

Hi am South African living in Durban NorthBeach and contemplating travelling abroad at least for a year or two just for the experience of it. Figured befriending expats already in SA would be a good start. Message me if interested.

Hello everyone, I live around fourways in Joburg and would be interested in having a beer or 2 with anyone so just drop us a reply .............

Hi everyone..i am seriously thinking of moving to south Africa,Johannesburg or Capetown to look for a job,at the moment i dont have any job offer.i wish to work for 6 months only then get back to my country.my profession is IT software engineer but i have only  been employed as IT officer sort of managing all IT related tasks,Networks,Domains etc. i have cash for the flights and everything i just need a job for that period of time.The reason why i'm doing this is because i am just feed up living in the same location for along time,i need to explored a little bit while i work,i have as well lived in Malaysia for couple of years then came back home now my wish is to live and work in south Africa or Namibia for 6 months ...Please guide me.Thanks!!!! :):cheers:

Hello workntravel,

Welcome to Expat.com.

We always ask new members to introduce themselves on their first post. Can you do so please?

I also invite you to post an ad in Jobs in South Africa. This section will help you in your search.

Furthermore it allows you to choose the job category such as IT Manager etc and also the contract types.

Thank You,
Regards,
Naomi.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=553915

Thanks! 

Closed