New members of Mexico forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015

HI,
I just read an article about Riga......last week.  The medical environment there appears to be very leading edge.  They have a new cancer cure called RigVir that has phenomenal promise. 

I know nothing about the country, but it sounds like you are a chiropractor.  You will probably be very happy there....COLD though.

Safe travelsl,
Ali

Dear Beachseeker,

I'll be visiting Merida in January and traveling to Progreso Beach to actually meet up with my son and his family coming into Progreso via one of the cruise ships.  Odd that our timing worked out that way.  I, too, love the water, but my first take was to live a little inland so as not to feel the damage of storms and hurricanes.  I dont' know how accurate my feeling is....maybe you know?

BUT, it's good to hear that you LOVE Mexico.  I think it's easy to fall in love with too.  My visit here is the first in trying to choose a city to live in permanently.  USA is just too expensive for me to retire in IF I also want to travel. I'm looking for a complete overhead for a home to be less than my current mortgage payment for housing. THat will give me extra cash to enjoy life with.

Good luck and keep us informed!!
Ally

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board  :)

Sorry to interrupt, but the new members thread should only be used for the introduction of new members.

Any queries, questions need for info should be asked on the Mexico forum by creating a new topic.

Here is the direct link : https://www.expat.com/forum/post.php?fi … mp;lang=en

All the very best.
Bhavna

Hi y wife and I had a restaurant in texas  it dident do well we had to leave .  She was from cancun so we sold everything we could and moved to cancun .....I am on a low income retirement from a union I was in and am 59 .   I dident know what to expect here but as time passes I am liking it more and more .  I am having a hard time with Spanish ..for 59 yers a table was a table not a platuoe but my wife gets me through .  We are living where the lower income people live , not in the tourists zone , here they don't pick up the trash and its all over .  We took her (our) granddaughter to school and there was trash all over ...the people just dump garbage anywhere . The buildings are all grafettied ...everywhere they they have a wall they write on it ....come to the intersection of 20th of November and cabah and explore its not nice looking ..the 20 th of November is a divided highway 2 lanes either way ...in  the center they dump building materials ..trash ...old toilets ........But the people are friendly  the cost of living is cheep we live in a 5 bedroom house and pay 160 dollars a month rent ..all tiled with 4 baths , the water bill runs about 30 every month ,,electric is cheap if u don't run ac . Food is cheap they consider wallmart a high priced store here . The street food is terrific ..the carnetas and all types of tacos ...fresh sea food ..lobster cheap ...  people are poor so the prices are for them once you are outside the hotel zone .. there is no water pressure here you get water from noon to 5  and that's it it goes into a big tank then you pump the water into another tank on the roof ..notice the black tanks on the roofs ....that's what their for and the water is gravity fed from that tank to the house ..takes forever to fill the commode .

Hello All,

I'm a virtual admin assistant (secretary) and international house sitter that is looking for a homebase in Mexico. Having the desire to be near the beach has me looking at Rosarito Beach. It's good to be here!

Lisa May

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=553895

Thanks! 

Closed