New members of Maldives forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015

Newbie on Maldives forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Maldives if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread
New members of Maldives forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hi.

I am saman Herath sri Lankan nationality. I'm a professional pastry chef working last one year in Maldives and very interest to work with different country in hospitality industry.

My vision to care the guest with my artistic food to satisfied them during  their holidays.

hallo...

My name is Nay, i'm from indonesia. I have plan to move to maldives next year, in Male city.
I will very happy if I can found some friends before go to there.
Indonesian or maldivian are welcome :D

Nay, my wife (who is Indonesian) and I are moving to Malé next week. Drop us a line when you arrive.
I'm American, and I work in international development.

Hi, I am Lumien Wilfred from India. I am new to Maldives arrived only last week. I am looking for some safe and affordable accommodation. I currently live in Vilingili. Please help me ..... I am good at exploring but If anyone could help me that would be great help

Hi Good Day,

I am new on this blog.. I am currently working in manila and last month I got a job offer in one of the resorts in maldives specifically in Noonu Atoll...

I already received the job offer and returned it the employer with signature together with my documents..

and now, i Am rendering may 30 dAys service at my current company..

Im a bit worried because up until now i still havent got any updates from my employer.. The last email i got they mentioned that they will process my work permit as soon as possible and they will contact me if they need further documents...

In my case I stated in my medical history that i had completed my PTB treatment way back 2012 and attached my treatment records and medical clearance with those documents i sent them because I know for sure that there will be xrays and medical check ups as required and the scars on my lungs would show in the xray film..

I am also waiting for their next instructions on how to process my papers from here or if i need to go to POEA or philippine embassy..

So this bothers me now,  is there a possibility that my visa would be denied due to my medical history?

Pls. help me and share your thoughts or if you have the same case and had successfully landed on Maldives

Hi I'm looking to chat to an English speaking ex-pat asap - I have some questions about Male, Thanks - Oh, I can call you

Hello,

my name is Elena, I am a Spanish biologist who just moved to Maldives.

Its about one month I am working in a little island at the South of Male. Everybody super nice, but I am getting a bit anxious in this small place where everybody is totally different... its weird, normally I really love that feeling!

In the last 7 years I lived in France, England, Australia, New Zealand, Greece, California, Guatemala, Mexico, Islas Canarias, Thailand, Turks and Caicos and now here.

I like my job a lot, so I would really appreciate if anyone around would join me for a coffee or whatever from time to time, in Male, the capital, in order to just chill out a bit and talk about different stuff than what I am doing here in the resort.

Please do not hesitate contacting me if you are around. I speak fluent English, French, Spanish and Italian (well, Italian not that much but we would understand each other anyways xD)

Big hug, and thanks for your help

yep, may I help you? I live 15 min away from Male right now

Thanks Elena,  I am shiyam  from Maldives, My mail, xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your e-mail ad on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

hI

I m not an expact but I work in an International school here in Male and will be great to catch up sometime when u are in Male for a coffe or lunch. Do let me know if you are around..

Thanks,

yah I'm in male

Ciao Elena,

Funny you said TCI, i lived in Provo since 2012 and looks like i will come to Maldives over the next 2-3 weeks.
Much appreciated if you could share some of your new experiences living & working on such a small islands, more like the Cay's in TCI.

I will be based in Raa Atoll, Maamigilli.

All the best,

Claudiu

Hello Julian -

Nice to feel welcome. My name is Kyle. I'm an American who has been teaching English overseas for the last 15 years.

I am moving to Hulhumale in a few weeks to work at the international school as a teacher. I was hoping I could get some advice about finding a reasonable apartment on Hulhumale.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kyle

Hello Elena!  My name is Nikka and interior designer from the Philippines, got hired (currently processing travel documents) and I will be moving to Male, Maldives probably late January or early February. Hoping to meet new people and learn the culture and life. Well, hope to meet you soon and chill down for coffee.

It's my first time to be working overseas but I have traveled to different countries within Asia previously (HK, Macau, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia). Hoping save up enough money to study for Masters abroad and enough to travel more in other places.

I am currently studying working conditions, public holidays, culture, and other things that I need to be aware of when I am in a different country. Let me know if you have knowledge of what an expat should expect and behave. So far, most that I have read:

1. No pork and beer allowed. (I have to break up with bacon)
2. Bikinis are not allowed in public beaches. Only resorts and... I heard that Bikini Island is safe.
3. Very limited to do on your stay in Maldives. (But when I heard there's surfing, I won't be bored then)
4. There are no malls. But it would be awesome for tips where to buy good deals for groceries and stuff.
5. Public Holidays. Knowing which are mandated.
6. I heard it felt for some its like jail for them because maybe their lifestyle don't fit in the environment. I am not sure with myself, but hey... I am diving in.

I could go on for most of the things I have researched but I am hoping I could find a coffee shop I could hang and chill.

Looking forward in meeting you. :D

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=553894

Thanks! 

Closed