New members of Cambodia forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015

Newbie on Cambodia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Cambodia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread
New members of Cambodia forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hey everyone.

Been working around Asia for a few years now - spent the last 2 in Poipet.  Like so many others here I am working with an NGO.

We ( the wife - 4 sons and I) love Poipet but will be relocating to Phnom Penh Dec 2014. We are more country people but you got to follow the work so we will have a go at city life. 

I found the forum on our search for a house around the Toul Tompong area and thought it would be cool to join.

Talk later.
Bj

Hiii!

I'm Alannah. I'm a hairdresser from USA traveling to Phnom Penh to do hair.   :cheers:

Hi everyone,

I am back to Cambodia after 9 months in Saigon, I am living in Siem Reap with my Khmer companion. I am a sales and marketing oriented background, been with airlines for many years from relocated several times after leaving Singapore to Bangkok, Phnom Penh, Shanghai, Beijing, Hanoi, Saigon and finally still think Siem Reap is the best for me to settle down.

Best Regards,
Sam.

Your job you can make good business here ,
Best wish to you
        Hun Vy

Hello, my name is Joseph. I'm currently in London after recently returning from teaching in Japan for the last two years. I really want to move to Cambodia to teach but just worried about meeting people along the way. Can anyone shed some light on how it felt when you forest moved to Cambodia? Have a lovely weekend. Joseph

Hi Joseph,

I recently spent a few weeks teaching English, albeit voluntarily in Siem Reap and was won over by the kindness of most everyone I met. The Cambodians are so friendly, it is against their nature to get angry; they just seem to smile, which is amazing whilst cycling through all sorts of traffic going the wrong way!
They always need teachers in Cambodia and if you are qualified you can earn an okay salary and live very cheaply. I loved it so much that I will be going back again at some stage. All the NGO workers I came across also loved it there. Siem Reap is very cosmopolitan, you will find lots of interesting fellow teachers from around the world so you won't be lonely!

Hope that helps.
Bluubell

Hi I am V.M
I am mechanical engineer working in Phonm Pehn  two months ago ; during the last 8 years I worked in Thailand , Vietnam and Indonesia  ;I  am a mother of one kid 5 years old.

Regards
Marisabidilla

Hi. I Madan Ittoo. I was in business for last 30 years. Now I want to come Cambodia to open an office to buy stock lot from textiles companies  to sell through Africa. But first I want to do some trade business to understand the people their.

My name is Robert. Sam

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum + drop an advert in the appropriate section : Business partners classifieds in Cambodia
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I think your job  stock textiles it very good in Cambodia ,  because so many foreigners they have been here for visit , they buy alot when they come back home, if you need any help i will  help you ,
      Best wish to you
         Hun Vy

I think your job  stock textiles it very good in Cambodia ,  because so many foreigners they have been here for visit , they buy alot when they come back home, if you need any help i will  help you ,
      Best wish to you
         Hun Vy

Hi, Hun Vy,
Thanks . I'll be n Cambodia mid November.
May we can meet.

HI lady and gentleman ,
  I am from Viei nam   i have been living in Cambodia since 1989 untill now ,i was working for UNTAC for 2 years , after they gone i open restaurant , successfull business here , before coming to cambodia i think just come over 2-3 years , but now i love this country ,, and i want live here

HI ,
  I will wating for you coming here , please let me know so we can meet
      All the best
         Hun Vy

Hello,

I'm Chris 35.
Lived 3 years in Amsterdam.
I have lived four years in Thailand. (spent half/half working a beach resort for Thai owners and later teaching a state school inland)
Went from there to Guatemala for a couple of years where I joined a fella on the opening day of his bar, which ran well for two years until he did a runner.
Last 8 years trying to do the Rat Race in the UK has destroyed my otherwise good-natured soul and I need to find a place to live and survive and hopefully thrive again. I'm leaving it all behind and flying out next week and I am arriving a blank slate.
My only experience with Cambodia is a few quick border/stamp hops from Trat to Had Lek in some 14, 15 years ago.

edit: PS: I like living in peaceful beautiful surroundings and like to keep my partying to weekends/trips

Hello, everyone I am Carlos graduate of master degree  specialized in policy and administration with two years remaining to become a PHD (doctor in management) and pass the Bar/Board examination that officially registered Medical Social Worker as professional under Republic Act 1080.

I hereby set my career goal to share my knowledge, actual experience and technical skills as I become a part of dynamic and well developed Company in said Country under your best management with all my extensive senior managerial experience and social development in this business field and to give my full-time perseverance in highest quality of service for the improvement and success in attaining business's goal and vision, proper standard for will planned organization considering the need for analyzing other company's necessity

I am will position to join to any company because have advance knowledge and education that can be an asset of the company. I am a man of perfection in terms of jobs and performance and very competitive and efficient in my working performance.

Are you a social worker?

Hi everyone,  my 8 year old boy and me are currently in phnom penh,  planning to relocate to cambodia after 12 years in Indonesia. We'd be happy to meet new friend hoping to get some tips about living in Cambodia and to share our experience about indonesia. I am a single parent. My wife was Indonesian and passed away last year. So we look at starting a new chapter in Cambodia. My line of work is mainly trading and export and tourism.
Nice meeting you....
thierry and Yuri

Hi there. My name is Matt. I am interested in moving to Cambodia in early 2016 to teach English. I would appreciate advice.

Hi Thierryurigapp,
  Well come to my country , you will love my country , and enjoy , i hope you will have best luck here
       Best regard
          Hun Vy

Hi Matt ,
  Well come , you will have good job here
     Best wish
    HunVy

Thank you, sir. How do you suggest that I find a position (teaching English or with an NGO) prior to going to Cambodia?

Hello! My name is Matthew. I am an American who would like to move to Cambodia. TEFOL certified, I am also a certified Project Manager (PMP) with 14 years of banking experience.
I would like to help the poor and disadvantaged.
Guidance toward job opportunities and housing would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hi, Matt welcome here,I hope to meet you my friend in sihanoukville

arkun sure we will enjoy cambodia

Hi Mkarchner,
  Well come to Cambodia ,  you will have good job here , , i hope can meet you in PhnomPenh
              Best wish

Sorry to hear about your wife. God bless you, sir.

thank you

Hello there

I'm Brandon and I would really like to move to Cambodia and teach English.  I have a Bachelors Degree and experience teaching and coaching children. 

Help me find a job and realize a dream of mine!

Thanks a bunch
BG

Hi New to expat but certainly not new to the country of Cambodia, Been living in and out of here for the last 20 years. I have produced two indi films and working in import export. Can speak Khmer fluently and am well connected in and out of Cambodia. If anyone needs advice or assistance in ANY matter, feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Patrick

Hi there,

Hi everyone....and thanks for setting up this wonderful forum!

I want to move to Cambodia next year in March.  I will have an allowance of $200 NZD for 6 months to help me find work there.  I currently oversee the daily operations of the Public Transport system in Christchurch New Zealand.  I am studying towards the Bachelor of Professional Communications. 

Teena : )

Hi Brandon...good on you.  let me know how you get on.  Yay we are moving to Cambodia : )

Hi Mathew...I am like you, like helping people : )

Hello to all,

My name is Aaron Williams and am moving to Cambodia I'm the next few weeks. I am from the US and am 34 years old and am single without children. I am well traveled but it has always been a dream of mine to live abroad indefinitely and have decided to take the plunge. I haven't decided what city to live in but I am leaning towards living on the coast due to my love of the ocean.

I would really appreciate any leads on employment as I plan to be working in some capacity or another. I have a varied skillset ranging many different industries. I would like to think that I have been a valued asset to whomever I have been employed by and that I follow orders well and learn fast. I am thinking I will end up I'm Sinoukaville but am not against living elsewhere for the right employment opportunity.

Thanks for allowing to join the forum and I can't wait to land in Cambodia!!!!

Hello I'm Grace, from China, currently just joined Expat.com, it's my first year spending in Phnom Penh. I hope to find a native french teacher to learn France because i really adore France. Also I can give a help if anyone who is interested in Chinese culture. 

Looking forward to making friends with you guys :)

Teena,

200 NZD is NOT realistic.  To be so critically underfunded is not smart.  Cambodia is cheap.  However, it sounds like you have never been there, have no job leads (better make sure to get a business visa upon entry) and are currently working on a degree - to throw it away on a situation - for which you are, woefully, unprepared.  Even a shithole will cost $4 - $5 per night.  Food is cheap but even eating local food will cost $2.50+/day.  Transportation and laundry expenses add up quickly.  So assuming you live like the poor you will at best spend $7/day ($210/month) with nothing for drinking water (which you WILL need to drink), nothing for transportation, job application expenses (pictures, paper, etc.), a cell phone (or at least a SIM card) so people can call you about a possible job, nothing for toiletries, nothing if you get sick etc. and you are already $10 over budget (those are USD prices - I think NZD are slightly lower, so maybe you are even a little worse off).  Your desire to see the world is great - save more and finish your degree first.

Truly wishing you the best,

/Gary/

hi there
ni hao ma?i am thierry french native speaker interested in teaching french and learning mandarin. you live in PP?

Hi Thierryurigapp,
Ni hao :)  Glad to talk with you. Yes, i live in PP. Are you also in PP because your profile shows that you in Bali??

I would like to do language exchange if you want to learn mandarin since there are lots of Chinese in Cambodia.
Let's talk in privately, please add me into contact :)

Hi all, Rick here from Calif., been in Thailand 12 years looking to move to Sihanoukville soon. Am a University teacher, hope to continue. Anyone have thoughts on this at the local Unis? Or possibly a high school?
Anyway, love the coastal areas, have always lived near the beach. Easy going, great SOH, home life is good here on a day to day experience
Adios, welcome any messages.

Closed