Chicken Wings?

Just curios, do they have "wing places" in Ecuador similar to the US?  Do Ecuadorians like buffalo style wings? (the Hooters in Guayaquil doesn't count!)

I've been to Ecuador 7 times and don't recall seeing an American style wing place, but, I was never really looking for one.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

mikatl44 wrote:

do they have "wing places" in Ecuador similar to the US?... I've been to Ecuador 7 times and don't recall seeing an American style wing place....

Thanks for providing the off-beat thread title of the week, Mike.

There are some places such as sports bars offering up what you're asking about at Plaza Foch, the heart of Gringolandia in Quito, or within about a block of the plaza. 

It so happens I had dinner tonight at a wings and barbecue place called Buffalo's on the second level of the MegaMaxi 6 de Diciembre building.  It's on Avenida 6 de Diciembre in north Quito at the Benalcazar bus-stop of the Ecovía line.

cccmedia in Quito

Too funny...I wonder if it is based off the US chain restaurant called Buffalo's.  At one time, they had about 40-50 locations in the Southeastern US (I worked at the original 30 years ago when in high school).

I still occasionally consider moving to Ecuador but would need to generate an income if I moved there.  Restaurant is one of the easier businesses to start if kept simple and can be profitable if there is demand for the food served.

Mike

There is a place called "Wings" in Cuenca on Avenida Solano, but I have yet to go. In general I can't imagine that Ecuadorians would like hotwings/buffalo wings as they are spicy. Spicy is not the favourite experience for most local palates. I however, love them and have been making my own at home when I can get my hands on good hot sauce.

That being said, chicken wings do seem to be featured on several menus around Cuenca.