ID cards

Hope someone can help me ...
I am applying for a ID card. I'm confused as to which form I need to fill in ! of course the Electoral form but as I work for a UK based company which form will I need to fill in.
My partner is Maltese :/

if your applying for the e-residence card you would need
form a  employed form  id 1a form , id2 form and the european election forms

unfortuenalty i dont know about the maltese id card and would suggest you contact identity malta

Thank you ! so many forms
so to recap
Form A
Id 1A
Id 2
European Electorial forms

Hi

I also work for a UK company but work remotely here in Malta, I recently filled in my ID forms and when I visited Valletta I was advise i must register under economic self sufficiency as I still get paid into a UK bank account and do not currently have a Matltese bank account. If you remit or get paid into a Maltese bank I believe it is different but if the money gets paid in the UK, self sufficiency is the way they advise (Obviously as long as you meet the minimum income/amount in your bank)

This raised the question of Health Insurance and they advised that I must show proof of Private Medical which I was not happy about. Luckily a lady stopped me on the way out and she had been in the same boat as me 3 weeks earlier and through lots of research she found out that if you go to the ETC and pick up form E601 (i believe it was), fill it out and take it to the Medical Entitlement unit at St Lukes Hospoital with your passport and Rental/Lease Agreement they will give you a Medical Entitlement Form that will satisfy them in terms of your Medical Entitlement to allow you to apply under self sufficiency.

I hope this helps

Tom

you can also use the rha if your british
https://health.gov.mt/en/cbhc/Pages/Ent … ltaUK.aspx
no messing around with going to the etc

Warrman thank you for posting that, looking to be in the same position of working for a UK based company and I was going around in circles re health care.

Thanks Tom

Did you provide bank statements to prove your income or would pay slips suffice ?

I took my work contact which showing income but payslips, as long as your income is above the minimum amount, should suffice. I would recommend taking all the possible variations in paperwork you could think off just in case. As all things in Malta, its a time consuming process queuing so best be over prepared to prevent a 2nd or 3rd (In my case) visit

Oh by the way, don't bother with getting photos taken, you don't need them any more. We spent time getting them done and they were just handing them back to everyone. They take their own now.

robpw2 wrote:

you can also use the rha if your british
https://health.gov.mt/en/cbhc/Pages/Ent … ltaUK.aspx
no messing around with going to the etc

Only if you dont work Rob.....and are a UK national..... and by having it you cannot get a malta issued EHIC, and once the res document is issued you cannot legally use or get a UK issued ehic.

thank you so much