Oman Employment visa

Hi there. I would like you to clarify a few doubts I have which are namely:
1. Do you necessarily have to stay out of the country for 2 years even if you have completed 8 years of employment under the same employer. Does a NOC have to be obtained if you have completed your contract with an employer.
2. Can a employment visa be changed under an NOC from the previous employer without exiting the country.
3. Or can a employment visa be changed under a Release Letter from the previous employer without exiting the country.
4. Can the dependents stay behind to complete their education if the employee visa gets over of the parent.
5. Can a student visa and dependent visa be renewed to complete the education term if the parent's employment visa expires. Can the dependents overstay for their completion of the academic year which is another 7 months period.
Hope you will grant me the answers for my queries.
Thanks

Hi rosemarcos2015,

Most of all the queries you have asked have been answered in the forum.

All you have to do is to locate, read, and get the information you need.

In any case I will give you some brief responses against your queries :

1. Do you necessarily have to stay out of the country for 2 years even if you have completed 8 years of employment under the same employer. Does a NOC have to be obtained if you have completed your contract with an employer. - YES.
2. Can a employment visa be changed under an NOC from the previous employer without exiting the country. - YES, IF YOU HAVE A RELEASE LETTER FROM YOUR LAST EMPLOYER.
3. Or can a employment visa be changed under a Release Letter from the previous employer without exiting the country. - YES.
4. Can the dependents stay behind to complete their education if the employee visa gets over of the parent. - YES.
5. Can a student visa and dependent visa be renewed to complete the education term if the parent's employment visa expires. Can the dependents overstay for their completion of the academic year which is another 7 months period. - NO.

Sumitran by my understanding to your reply that you have to compulsory stay out of the country for 2 years even if the employee completes his contract..................it seems that the employer controls the employee even after he completes his contract. Isn't this against the charter of the WTO (World Trade Organization). When I was working in Kuwait, Kuwaiti labour law would impose a maximum 2 year ban (depending on when he quits his job) on an employee if he leaves his job without completing the contract meaning the employee could not join another company till the period of the expiry of his visa with the earlier employer. Isn't this the same here in Oman.

rosemarcos2015 wrote:

Sumitran by my understanding to your reply that you have to compulsory stay out of the country for 2 years even if the employee completes his contract..................it seems that the employer controls the employee even after he completes his contract. Isn't this against the charter of the WTO (World Trade Organization). When I was working in Kuwait, Kuwaiti labour law would impose a maximum 2 year ban (depending on when he quits his job) on an employee if he leaves his job without completing the contract meaning the employee could not join another company till the period of the expiry of his visa with the earlier employer. Isn't this the same here in Oman.

Hi rosemarcos2015,

Kuwaiti Labour laws do not apply in Oman.

Here it is the employer who calls all the shots. Not the employee.

The saddest part is after resigning, an employee cannot return to Oman - on any other visa - even family joining, or even on a tourist visa.

Forget all that, the resigned employee cannot even come back on an investor visa within a period of 2 years unless he carries his last employer's NOC.

Hi friends.
what is contracting visa.
Can we leave Oman and come back before same contracting visa converted to employment visa.
kindly explain if any body knows.thanks.

Hi friends,

Any idea for  extending contract visa   ( 2 month validity).

Hi friends..
Any idea for black list hospital in kerala.

Good day All,
Could someone kindly furnish me on the sure modalities for securing:
1) An Omani tourist visa
2) Employment Visa.

Thanks & regards,