Advice re: seeking part-time work in Spain

Hello
Myself and husband are planning to relocate to Costa Blanca next year, when he takes early retirement, so we will have an income. I would however, like to find some part-time work, but am realtistic enough to realise that job opportunities are few and far between. I am hoping to advertise as a dog-walking/pet-sitter, and also secure some work as a cleaner (with all of those holiday lets, i guess there may be work for cleaners?). I'm gutsy enough to ask around all sorts of businessess to see if anything is available, but any advice about where jobs may be advertised would be greatly appreciated.

Costa blanca news. Its a free paper over here. Millions of dogs here so plenty of demand for dog walkers. Do me a favour and.walk them all to France thenni might get some sleep at night. Dogs owned by the locals.are a.major.annoyance here. Free to bark and roam all night.
Be resourceful and you will find something. Learn Spanish and you will have a better life and a massive advantage
Good luck

You should look into the Autonomo payments and system you will need to do first unless you can find contracted work.
They don't make it easy for people wanting to earn some extra cash then again most don't seem to bother anyway.

The whole country is ducking and diving here including the locals and the honest get fleeced. Tax thresholds are very low compared to the UK.
I don't live here full time for that reason
Everyone has a unique profile so take advice for the experienced first

ukteacher wrote:

Costa blanca news. Its a free paper over here. Millions of dogs here so plenty of demand for dog walkers. Do me a favour and.walk them all to France thenni might get some sleep at night. Dogs owned by the locals.are a.major.annoyance here. Free to bark and roam all night.
Be resourceful and you will find something. Learn Spanish and you will have a better life and a massive advantage
Good luck

Many thanks UKTeacher. I'm in the process of learning Spanish but progress slow! Your comments about walking dogs to France made me smile  :lol:   Maybe i'll concentrate on the dog walking/pet sitting route initally then.
:top:

To get work here you mist offer something different and have imagination. Spanish very important. Get a good teacher then you will be. Ahead if the majority of ex pats here who can't be bothered and complain there is no work.
I am seldom short of work when I look for it. Life is enjoyable when you mix with all.communities. like anywhere you get out what you put in. Es la vida!