Meditation group in Üsküdar

Hello everyone,
A couple months ago or so I posted something about putting together a small meditation group that would get together once a week. I received and some interested (and interesting) responses but obviously had not been clear enough about the details. So here they are:

1. I would like this group to be held in my home in Üsküdar (not far from the piers by dolmuş.) This is because I have an intense work schedule and also need to come back home after work and since I sometımes get home late going out again is not an option.

2. I would like people who are truly interested in meditation to join me but having previous experience is not a requisite - just an open mind is.

3. There is no cost involved. Just wear comfortable clothes and bring a yoga mat if you have one.

I already have some people who have answered positively so it will be first come, first serve and my apartment can only accomodate so many.

I hope this will be a positive experience to all those who wish to share it.

Thanks and looking forward to your responses!

Have a great day,
Belinda

I look forward to your responses.

Good luck Belinda,

Shortly, we will also be introducing a section dealing with events that will make it easier for you to manage your sessions and attendees.

Stay tuned & enjoy the day.
Z

Well thank you Z!

Perhaps we will see you there :D

Have a great day despite the rain...

B.

Sure neighbor,

And yes, enjoy the day and the rain. : )

Z

Hi,
I'm coming to Istanbul next week . can I join the group. for two or three sessions only . Not yet sure about my scheduel but I 'm really excited  .
Regards,
Sabiha

Hi Sabiha,

Sure... although I'm not quite sure of the day and time. I'm beginning this week with one on Friday evening and then I think I'll just play it by ear as people start joining.

Do you have any experience in meditation?

Thanks,
Belinda

Hello everyone,
To all of you who expressed an interest in being part of my meditation group I would like to set up a first meeting so that we can meet and I can introduce you to the venue (my apartment as it happens).
Would Friday evening be possible for you? It won't be a meditation session per say but just an introduction to how I want to do this and get your feedback. It would also be a way of showing you how to get there if you are not familiar with Üsküdar.
I really would like to get this started so please answer me if you are serious. If Friday evening is not a good time (say 7 pm in Çiçekşi, Üsküdar, then suggest another time - perhaps Saturday (although I have a meeting set up that day for my volunteer group.)

Anyway, PLEASE respond to this. I'm giving you my personal e-mail so that you can reach me more easily: *

Hope to hear from you all today or tomorrow!

Have a great day,
Belinda

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share email address on the forum, you could use our private message system for that.

Good morning Belinda,

We usually advise users to avoid giving out personal contact info.  And yes, you are right to emphasize on members contacting you via forum/messaging on Expat-Blog.

Looking forward to a productive session  : )
Z

hi,

Im Turkish lady and want to attend this meditation group.I need so much,all the day,ı work too hard and need a find fabulous world for have relax.

Hi Aslıhan,
You're welcome then. Do you have previous experience meditating?

Just so you know, this group will take place at my home in Üsküdar (not far from Çiçekçi.) I was first thinking of doing just an informal meeting today to show you where it is and how to get there and also for us to meet and you to see if my apartment works for you.

Would you be available to come for just 45 minutes or so at 19h30 this evening? If so, I would meet you and the others coming at the Çiçekçi bus stop in Üsküdar.

I look forward to your reply.

Kind Regards,
Belinda