Sorry silly Q, but how where do I fill in a non-resident tax return?

I live in the UK but have a holiday flat in Alicante.
I need to fill in an annual tax return but I can't seem to find out where. Can I do it online?

A solicitor doing this costs loads plus then you have to pay the tax, so I hope to be able to do it myself.

Any tips/ideas would be great!
Thanks!!

Very few people bother with this. Think before you submit too.much to Spanish authorities

Thanks, but do you know how I submit it?

At your local town hall. Known in Spanish as ayumtomiento
Be careful.

Thanks for your reply.

We can't do it online?

No idea about online. Don't know if you are fluent in Spanish or not.. best check with your town hall when here.

if you live in spain you should be paying tax
i pay tax as its only fair,i live here so respect the country
nobody likes tax avoiders

You are right and the Spanish authorities have always been so fair and treated foreigners with the utmost  respect.
Spain is the last bastion of fair play and distribution of wealth

haha

Hi there

I use an Abogado it cost me 200 euros although I did go to the town hall in La Cala and they advise you. It was in my opinion very complicated so I stuck to using Cig Zugasti in Benalmedena who complete all the relevent documents and you have peace of mind it is has been done correctly. The tel no is 9522442049.

Best Regards

Julie

Most abogados are cousins of the estate agents who are cousins of the local town hall
Additionally each region has its own rules which should only.be adhered to be foreigners and.most locals side step
think long and hard

Having always been either a wage slave (in which case I have just completed the tax office borrador online or at the tax office) or self employed (in which case I've needed an accountant)I have no idea  but if it is possible it will be on the"Hacienda" website

Nonie Byrne.
I think there is a special tax for for people working here but not living here full time.
I've been living and working here 12 years and ready to retire. The problem is it will take months to gather all my insurance credits from the three countries I've lived and worked in.

Hi
Honestly you should consult with the Abogado they helped me immensely. The amount you pay I think goes on how much the apartment is valued at. I paid 200,000 euros in 2006 then 20 % is added for taxes. My self and my partner is still on the mortgage. The total for both of us was 415 euros last year. I am expecting the same this year if the tax has not increased. If you do not pay the non resident taxes I was advised this would be deducted from the sale price when you sell the apartment.
For peace of mind you should call them and at least get advice.

Cheers
Julie

I am astounded how people suggest one should break the law.  To do so is not only stupid but also very irresponsible to others who then have to make up the losses in higher taxes. The public bills have to be paid !   

To say, "Do not make the210 declaration"  (the holiday home tax) is tantamount to aiding and abetting a criminal offence.

OK.  The info re the 210 declaration can be found in English at : https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/AE … GI34.shtml

The instructions on how to complete the form are within that web site.  If you Google  something to the effect 'completion modelo 210 AEAT"   you will find a plethora of information in English.   

Basically , the form can only be completed on line. It can then be paid online by completing that part of the form. The money will then be taken out of the nominated bank account on 31st December i.e the last day for payment.  Just to make it clear: That means the ‘uncaring'  tax office is not taking the money as soon as possible but as late as possible.  One can also print off the form and then pay the amount due anytime during the  year up to 31st Dec. at your bank in Spain.

If you are doubtful about doing it yourself ask around at the offices of ‘Gestors' you will find it is quite possible to find one that will make the declaration for you for no more than 30 euros. I suggest you do not go an abogado (lawyer) as they will charge a lot more than a gestor.

If you search Google you will also find online services which I believe will do it for 25 euros.