Expired residence permit sticker on my passport

Hi. I am leaving Bahrain on Sept 28, 2015 going for vacation. But after my employer gave back to me my passport i noticed that the green sticker of residence permit on my passport was expired since Feb 2015. Do i encounter any problem in immigration because of this?

Hi chef,

Oh.😮 .i think you can go but you cannot come back simply because you don't have a valid working permit anymore. Good thing is that amnesty period still going till end if this year, so better go to the embassy and apply for amnesty for you to go back home without any further problem.

Cheers!

You need a valid resident / work permit on your passport for you to enter Bahrain.

Lhulu is right, when you leave the country it's ok but when you arrive back at the airport, it will show on the system you don't have a valid permit.

Contact your employer to sort this out for you.

Good luck  :top:

Thank you

Even i still have a valid working visa?

Why do people turn over their passport to anyone, even their imployer???

Don't you people know that retaining someone's passport is a crime? It is a crime in every country of the world, because it is a crime under international law.

Firt of all the passport is not even yours... it belongs to the country that issued it, your ownership of the document is only secondary. So it's not yours to give to anyone.

When anyone tells you that they want your passport flatly tell them no, if they insist tell them that you will contact your Embassy/Consulate and discuss the situation with them, that you will only surrender your passport if instructed to do so by your country's government. I guarantee you your employer will not ask for your passport again.

Nobody can demand that you turn over your passport to them except a JUDGE of a competent court, and you must be subject to some kind of criminal charge before he/she could do that.

I know that employers retaining their employees passports is a common practice especially in Arabic nations, but it is completely ILLEGAL under international law.

Cheers,
James   Expat-blog Experts Team

Thanks for your advice sir. I know it is illegal but most of the employers here are insisting to keep our passport. I had an experience before from my previous company they dont want to return my passport so i seek help to our embassy but the embassy only spoke to me previous employer to return my passport however my employer did not follow so myblast sort is to file a case against my employer. After a couple of hearings i got my passport but its very sad that my previous employer did not gave my last salary. There are a lot of elployers here who are not following rules but the institutions have nothing to do.

Dear James

It is very unfortunate that these cases still keep happening on a regular basis, i know a few in the same situation but they have told me that they don't want to complain because if they do so for sure they would be terminated from work. These people are the sole breadwinners for their families back home, so they are happy with what they get and somehow with great scarifies they manage their day to day life here. When they explain about their situation of stay in shared labor accommodations it is heartbreaking. The big corporations really don't care for a laborers, they are confident that if one leaves they are two others who are ready to join and they would never complain.

T&R

So i would like to know was it ok when you travel having a exprd resdnce sticker but with a valid visa?

it could be a challenge at times the may ask why was it was not updated since your here in Bahrain, I would suggest you get it updated and then travel