Futur expat in Hanoi! Any interesting neighbourhood? Price of rentals?

Hello everybody,

I'm gonna move to Hanoi in Feb 2016. I still have to find a job, get a visa, check if my diplomas are ok (checked the links given here but the websites are not in english, therefore quite hard to 'understand'! =) ) and so on ;) !

I'd like to know if, like in EU, sharing flat is a common thing to do? What are the regular prices to rent a flat? What are the interesting neighbourhoods to live in? Is it easier to buy a scooter or to lease one?

Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences and valuable advices! =)

Regards,

Julien

Ju Spoops wrote:

Hello everybody,

I'm gonna move to Hanoi in Feb 2016. I still have to find a job, get a visa, check if my diplomas are ok (checked the links given here but the websites are not in english, therefore quite hard to 'understand'! =) ) and so on ;) !

I'd like to know if, like in EU, sharing flat is a common thing to do? What are the regular prices to rent a flat? What are the interesting neighbourhoods to live in? Is it easier to buy a scooter or to lease one?

Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences and valuable advices! =)

Regards,

Julien

Google.com is your friend.
Ask them all your  questions .

If you don't feel like doing that research,then use the search function on Expat.com Vietnam.

Much like the other respondent, let me give you some advice.  Existing expats sort of hate these kind of posts [and will probably make an effort to ignore it and any future post you make...Why?  Duh.]  a soon-to-be or wannabe expat hits a site, dumps all their questions usually unrelated, into a single post and expects other expats who have already burned themselves to toast on their own mistakes abroad over a the 1st couple of years to sift through the post, do the research and quickly post all the answers in a tight, neat little package with a pretty bow on it.

Need I say more?   Until you have read at least 300 posts on at least three other sites in RE to VN then I don't suggest posting this again.  All the things you asked I know for a fact [because I have found all this information myself in preparing to move to Asia in just a few weeks of spare time] are all posted on three or four of the blogs/expat sites with the most posts.  Google it and of course Craigslist is always there...but remember CL is the site of choice for all kinds of problem folks.

Hi!
Go to Housing and Classified on top of the forum and you will find all sorts of things you need and of course, like other expats suggested, go to old posts on the blog and you'll find all the answers. Good Luck!

Almost your queries answered already here in this forum. Use the search function on the top to find out the answers.

Hello everybody,

thank you for your honest answers about my post and I apologize for posting ANOTHER post with the same questions again and again. I should have thought about it twice and spent some time looking for these answers by myself indeed! =)

I usually spend a lot of time searching the net (google is indeed my friend) and this website should become one too! =)

I'll definitely spend some time exploring EB!

sorry again for this first post! =)

A proper introduction is then more than appropriate :

International spirit, happy to meet ppl and discover new cultures, I'm fond of photography (architecture), whisky, cars and music! I don't watch tv, read newspapers, interested in geopolitics.

I have been into the hotel industry for some years now and willing to operate a shift in my professional career to get into tourism.

Cheers,

Julien