Cancellation of EP - Remotely?

Hi,

I'm working in Malaysia for past 5 months now and my assignment is ending on 30th Sept and need to travel India on 30th sept itself as I have got new assignment in India which needs to be joined effective 1st Oct.

My employer is deducting 26% of my salary towards tax from my salary every month and even this month also he is going to make the payment to tax authorities by 28th/29th (advance payment).

My employer is saying that I need to handover my passport for EP cancellation and it would take a minimum of 7 working days to return the passport back to me and this will process will be initiated only after tax payment date i.e., 29th Sept

Since I need to travel back on 30th, Is there any possibility to cancel once I travel back to India? As there is no dues from my side can it happen remotely?

Please advise ASAP

Cancellation of EP can be done in the same day of submission. You cannot cancel your visa remotely when you are India, it has to be done in Malaysia.

you can cancel your EP thru ur employer by sending them an e-mail of explanation and also letter of resignation. If the company received your resignation then they will processs the EP cancellation so they can use the quota for someone else