Traveling to Philippines

Hello everyone,

Greeting, I will travel to Philippines on coming November and would like to more about your experience there, can anyone guide me or giving a advise regarding the life of in Philippines and how I should conduct my self.

This is my first time and I'm coming for some social work that I have engaged in one of organization.

Thank you all in advance and looking to hear from you.

Kind regards
Farokh T. Khoie
Germany

from the look of your profile -seems like you will be visiting angeles city   .conduct yourself different than most of the foreignrs there

Heads up when traveling here my expat friends.....................................................................................................................
Another Naia flyer complains bullet in bag ‘planted'
SHARES: 2675
VIEW COMMENTS
By: Jeannette I. Andrade
@inquirerdotnet
Philippine Daily Inquirer
06:16 AM September 24th, 2015

An American missionary has accused security personnel at Ninoy Aquino International Airport (Naia) of placing a bullet in his luggage and using the “planted” contraband to extort P30,000 from him.

Because he refused to pay up, 20-year-old Lane Michael White of Florida spent six days in jail and got out only on Tuesday after posting a P40,000 bail.

Causing him all this trouble was the .22-caliber bullet found in his bag in the morning of Sept. 17, when he and his family were scheduled to take a flight to Coron, Palawan. He ended up being charged with illegal possession of ammunition before Pasay City Judge Pedro Gutierrez.

White was the second foreigner in a week to make such allegations against airport personnel manning the X-ray scanner at the departure area, where members of Naia's Office of Transportation Security (OTS) are assigned.

Earlier, a wheelchair-bound American woman said she had to give P500 to an OTS member just to be cleared for her flight back to California. Like in White's case, two .22-caliber bullets were found in one of the pockets of her luggage.

White returned to the airport on Wednesday to recount his ordeal  at the Media Affairs Office. He was expected to lodge a complaint against OTS personnel.

OTS spokesman Jonathan Maliwat on Wednesday said he was not yet aware of White's case.

On the case of the American woman, Maliwat earlier said the two OTS members she cited—a woman who frisked passengers and a man who operated the X-ray machine—had been suspended to face an investigation.

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/724782/ano … z3mcHAYBHa
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

scott1953 wrote:

Heads up when traveling here my expat friends.....................................................................................................................
Another Naia flyer complains bullet in bag ‘planted'
SHARES: 2675
VIEW COMMENTS
By: Jeannette I. Andrade
@inquirerdotnet
Philippine Daily Inquirer
06:16 AM September 24th, 2015

An American missionary has accused security personnel at Ninoy Aquino International Airport (Naia) of placing a bullet in his luggage and using the “planted” contraband to extort P30,000 from him.

Because he refused to pay up, 20-year-old Lane Michael White of Florida spent six days in jail and got out only on Tuesday after posting a P40,000 bail.

Causing him all this trouble was the .22-caliber bullet found in his bag in the morning of Sept. 17, when he and his family were scheduled to take a flight to Coron, Palawan. He ended up being charged with illegal possession of ammunition before Pasay City Judge Pedro Gutierrez.

White was the second foreigner in a week to make such allegations against airport personnel manning the X-ray scanner at the departure area, where members of Naia's Office of Transportation Security (OTS) are assigned.

Earlier, a wheelchair-bound American woman said she had to give P500 to an OTS member just to be cleared for her flight back to California. Like in White's case, two .22-caliber bullets were found in one of the pockets of her luggage.

White returned to the airport on Wednesday to recount his ordeal  at the Media Affairs Office. He was expected to lodge a complaint against OTS personnel.

OTS spokesman Jonathan Maliwat on Wednesday said he was not yet aware of White's case.

On the case of the American woman, Maliwat earlier said the two OTS members she cited—a woman who frisked passengers and a man who operated the X-ray machine—had been suspended to face an investigation.

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/724782/ano … z3mcHAYBHa
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Abuse of power is very typical in the Philippines. Even more so than in other countries..Example: A tourist just got off the bangka boat in Puerto Galera and sat down to have a cool beer at a port side bar..A vendor came up and sat down at the same table and befriended him..After about 15 minutes the vendor left and immediately two police officers arrived to tell the tourists he was a suspect in selling drugs. They then searched his back pack which was next to the vendor and found a bag of Shabu(Meth) and immediately handcuffed the tourist and walked him up the hill towards the Police station. There was a bank at the top of the hill which had an ATM and the tourist was told to withdraw 10K pesos from it or go to jail...Beware and always on guard in one of the most corrupt countries in the world...

Hello there good Sir,

I would like you to prepare yourself of what the Philippines has in store for you. You may be amazed by what you are going to experience and see for yourself or you could be disappointed because you had high hopes and had high expectations. Keep in mind that the Philippines is a developing country and that the services that you are experiencing from your country is incomparable. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Regards,
Maro

Just always be cautious and alert,with ur things,with people you talk to,and the places u intend to visit.almost everything here us cheap,unless u will get it from an exclusive hotel or resort,careful in being too friendly and kind,filipinos are naturaly friendly but there still some who use that to take advantage of some people,mostly those who they know are not familiar or first timers here..if u have a real friend from here that u trust,take him/her as ur companion if u like to go around and see some nice places.welcome and enjoy ur stay but keep safe

Thankful for your kind adwise and to warn me about my travel to Philippines, I will do my best in order to secure myself
more and more.

Have wonderful day and kind regards

Farokh

Don't travel at night especially by your self, there are better places than Angelese City. If you stay a night in Manila in which you will I would stay at the Lotus Garden hotel and definitely go to the Cowboy Grill a block or two away, 3 live bands nightly and is a safe great place. When my wife and I pass through we always go there. Your probably will get inManila airport about 12pm and hotel by 1am and everything is just starting to happen. Have any questions email me at ++++

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting your personal details pls

Hello in which part or location you will be here?

I will be in Dagupan and one time going to Manila for friends wedding.

Farokh Khoie wrote:

I will be in Dagupan and one time going to Manila for friends wedding.

I think I have to warn you about the traffic in Manila. I've read this article and it says that it is 2nd worst in the world.