Rural Latvia is magic

I came to Latvia widowed.I have no off springs and came to build a house and six acre garden to enjoy that experience. I am Knighted and a Baronetcy from English Stock ancestory. My wish was to have an heir but my army career came between us and then young she died of cancer. Never mind time is a great healer and I have so much to do in the gardens to achieve my aim I am happy to do so.Sorry but I cannot comment on schools or children. To be in rural Latvia is magic mostly as it is so cheap it is unreal. I can be on the white sand beeches next to the deep violet bay and sip wine and barbeque at weekends to help cool off. I do not think that schools here are as good as in say England and qualifications no place as important as jobs pay so little here. Mostly youth goes abroad to USA and England. Some to Germany too to earn better salaries. If one has cash it is great here in not sheer hell for those so down. I hope that sets a picture for you dear.

I agree with you (Naesby) that The rural areas of Latvia are beautiful...it is an idyllic setting, mind, body and spirit. However, your assumption is that one can be happy if you have cash......that would usually make life better no matter where you lived, however....I think that the Latvian countryside can make one "rich" just for the setting, and peaceful co-existence with nature and ones inner self. !! Peace and happiness to you all...