New to Dammam!

Hi All!

I've been in Dammam for over a month! I work at an International School and am adjusting to the Saudi culture.

I am looking to know about any hidden gems and the best places to eat. Love to make some friends in the area too!

The best places are in khobar around dhahran mall area and cournich also.

Hi MissRSMK, there are some good place in Khobar too. I am from Khobar. Hope you enjoy your stay here...

MissRSMK wrote:

Hi All!

I've been in Dammam for over a month! I work at an International School and am adjusting to the Saudi culture.

I am looking to know about any hidden gems and the best places to eat. Love to make some friends in the area too!

I am an expat that likes to explore the local flavor of bazaars, souks, etc. I would suggest you go experience the Seiko bazaar in Dammam. They also call it souk al hubb (souk of love). Interesting name, isn't it? It is an interesting experience to just walk around there and browse shops. Then there are the usual malls Mall of Dhahran and Rashid Mall in Khobar, nothing interesting. There are some resorts Holiday Inn, etc..in half moon bay you might want to spend a day at. Drive a quad bike in desert.

Khobar cornice is an interesting place to walk on when the weather is okay.

Can't think of more at the moment.

B. wishes.

Greetings Miss RSMK,

I am very new to Dammam and would love to make new buddies also.   

Let me know if you're interested in chatting.

Take care.
CM

Good afternoon MissRSMK (and all other expats).

I arrived in Dammam/Khobar five weeks ago. I recommend 19th Street, if you like Indian and Pakistani restaurants.

With best wishes.

Hello!
I recently arrived in Dammam as well with my husband, and have been discovering some of the hidden gems around...one of my favorite places to eat is Heritage Village restaurant in Dammam. It is a restaurant/museum...very pretty place...looks like a sand castle from the outside...the food is delicious and I really like its collection of old artifacts and antiques. I really recommend it. :)

Been reading your posts. Glad you've finally arrived.

Hi all,
I am new here. My husband has got a rotation job in oil industry in dammam. 56 days on 28 days off. Accomodation and food is provided by company.He will be new to saudi and I am writing on behalf of him.We wanted to know the do's and don'ts. What kind of messenger services are allowed.? Whatsapp? Viber i heard is not allowed? Skype? Can he wear his hindu locket?

Viber, and what'sapp are allowed.  You can't voice calls on whatapp though. 

I never heard of a Hindu locket

Does anyone know of a home made food service available here in Dammam?  I'm a single man that isn't very good at cooking and I don't want to eat out every night of the week.  Might someone know a good cook that's willing to cook for 1 more and make a little money for it?

I'm an American with American tastes but I'm trying to be healthier.   Please contact me if you know of any such option in the Dammam area.

Thanks

Hi

Welcome to Dammam

Good day to all
When it comes to choosing a café or a restaurant I recommend an app called foursquare it gives you great choices

Hi PAKman2328 - if you come across any cook who does that, would appreciate if you could give a shout out to me as well. I'm in a similar situation as yours.

Cheers and Merry Christmas!

Best,
Adnan