Termination

As per the contract i am supposed to serve 2 months notice period if i am resigning from the company, do i need to serve 2 month notice in-case if the company is terminating me for some reason..?

Hi Reju123,

If the company is terminating you, then the 2-month notice period is no more relevant or valid.

The company can choose by when you should exit the country - depending on the complexity / seriousness of the misdemeanor.

There are cases when an employee has been sent back home, within a matter of just hours.

Thank you sumitran

If the company terminate me is it possible for me to come back in another employment visa or the same 2 year ban applies here also..?
Is there any way we can register complaints if the termination is not on a genuine reason.

Hi Reju123,

Until and unless your company provides you with an NOC returning before 2 years is out of the question.

If you feel that you were terminated unfairly, yes indeed, you can lodge a formal complaint with the Ministry of Manpower and they will intervene and will mediate on your behalf.

There are many cases where employees have been compensated amply for unfair termination.

Thank You

One more thing Sumitran, if i complete my contract(2 years) with my current company and if they give me a letter stating that i have worked with them for 2 years.. will it help me in joining another company without NOC, or still will i have the ban for 2 years.

@ Reju123,

Please, please read the numerous posts in the forum on this very same subject before posting.

NOC is MANDATORY, if you leave one job and want to join another one in Oman before 2 years time.

An NOC is not required, if your last, same employer is willing to take you back.

Else, without an NOC you cannot even visit Oman. Nor can you come back on ANY other visa type / category, including family joining, visit, even investor visa.