Cost of living

Hi
I would be getting a job in sri lanka on local terms. I would be accompanied by my wife and we are planning to find an accommodation in wellawatte.
Would need advice on how much can be the monthly expenses for a family of 2.
I would like to live in a 2bhk apartment with access to all the basic necessaties nearby to apt.

Hi,
Cost of living with the minimum bascic with electricity (without a/c) & water bill would be around Sri Lankan Rs.45,000/= per month. Rent cost for a two bedroom apartment in a condominium would be about Rs 75,000/= per month. But you can get an anexe of one or two bedroom for about Rs 45,000/= to 50,000/= per month in a house. But you will have to pay a rental advance of a minimum of 6 months deposit. Finding an apartment I can help you since I am a Real Estate Agent. You can contact me by email:  [email protected] or by phone 0094 (0) 72 700 33 22.

Thank you for your reply !
Just had a small query, if u can confirm the following
1. 45k expenses u mentioned includes food, travel, etc for 2 people
2. Can we not get a good decent apt between 50k to 60k. I am okay for a 1 bhk too but need furnished one. And i heard wellawatta and bambalpitiya are two nice areas to live considering ease of access to basic needs

Yes if you can use public transport as normal sri lankans do. Surely not tri shaw or other types of taxis. Comforts and luxuries come with a price. As regards accomodation depends on the type of apartments. Like for instance in private homes with annexes you could but its difficult in condominium apartments which are new in the areas you mentioned. in old condos probably you could. Just try.