Moving to Sliema in October

My husband & I (no kids) are moving to Malta next month from Dublin. We are hoping to live in Sliema. Any tips you can give us would be greatly appreciated.

for start gonna give you the best tip:

read past topics - you'll find answer to 90% of your future questions :)

My husband and I (no kids ) just moved here to Sliema. We are currently staying in Fort Cambridge apartments. They are one of the best modern apartments Sliema has to offer. There really isn't a beach area here but shopping is close and there are a lot of good restaurants right below. Also it's very easy to catch a ferry to Valetta from here

I have holidayed in fort Cambridge & I really liked them. I'd say they are very pricey to rent. That would be one of my ideal locations

You're right.... We looked at houses in Naxxar and basically can have a house for the same price we rent here. Sliema is beautiful but it can be too much with all the tourists. I really like St. Paul's area and Naxxar.. The beaches are prettier and it's quiet with just enough amount restaurants and wine bar to keep you busy. Great for cycling, biking, and hiking. plus I notice the restaurant and groceries are pricier here

What are the prices to rent in your block? Is it through an agency?

What kind of price range should I expect to pay for a 2bed in Sliema?

around the 800e plus mark

Thanks Rob

Currently in a two bedroom apartment with 2 bathroom. Everything is modern and top notch. We didn't go through an agency. Found the landlord directly. It really depends on what your preference is. Starting price is 1500 for two bedroom. This isn't much different when I was living in the States so I thought it was normal and a  reasonable price. But apparently rent  increased a lot the pass 3 years. So I would shop around. We basically found a spacious home for the same price!

We're currently in Fort Cambridge having lived in Tigne Point for 2 years prior and moved out earlier this year as liked the idea of Fort Cambridge being more modern.  Personally we can't wait until the end of our tenancy and move back to Tigne Point for the same money.

robpw2 wrote:

around the 800e plus mark

and upwards!

Other than Malta parks can anyone suggest a website/other way of finding landlords directly & avoiding the extortionate fees the agencies are charging?

Try the classified section of the Times of Malta

Newspaper, word of mouth, walk the streets (signs in windows from private landlords) and Facebook