Working in Gib living in Spain Tax

Hi

The start of next month I am moving to Spain and could possibly have a job in Gib or I will get one there.
Rental prices are silly in Gibraltar so i will live in spain.

Now I have read a bit about the tax system and realise that I will have to pay tax in Gib and then also file a tax return in Spain.

I have also tried to look for posts on here and other sites but they all seem to be quite a few years old so wanted some up to date info from people who do a similar thing.

For example say if you earned £30k in Gib paid tax there, how much additional tax would you need to pay on top of that in Spain?

Hopefully someone here doing a similar thing will be able to help me get a good idea :)

Thanks

all i know from living in france, being a uk citizen, you cannot be dual taxed. you get taxed in the country of domicile if there for more than 6 months of the year. if your income is in gib and it is being paid to you in gib, offshore account, you declare, in your country of domicile, (spain), and will pay into their system, so get paid in spain from gib, or move to gib and be taxed there.

an old acquaintance living in france, but working abroad, had his monies paid into jersey, off shore, as he was away from france for more than 6 months of the year and was only liable for the property taxes on the house registered in france saving him masses in tax in france.

i don't know what the taxes are in spain, but you need to workout which tax system is best economically to you.

spain is cheap to live in and gib more expensive, but, people do work in gib and live in spain and appear to earn more net.

the only advantage i see residing in gib is that after 3 years, you qualify for gibs benefits, bus, healthcare etc, where in spain, where the country is bankrupt, you have to pay and don't seem to get the benefits that you would in gib and a nightmare in spain, especially if you don't speak the language well enough to understand your entitlements.

there are expats in gib/spain that know better than i

I believe Spain has Gibraltar black listed so you have to pay tax both in Gib and Spain. I think you would prob end up paying 20% tax or there about in gib then another 18% in Spain. I was hoping someone on here does this and could provide a few more details.. Anything I can find online seems to be a few years old.
Still even if it is as I say above I will still have just about the same amount of cash left over after renting a place in Spain and I would end up with a lot more space.

In Gib I would be looking at a studio flat prob not in the best area for around £800. In Spain I could get a 2 or 3 bedroom flat for £500 of less and have a swimming pool and be near a nice beach lol..

I just have to put up with the travel times and boarder queues but I think I will be ok with that as I have an hours commute in my current job in the UK.

So if anyone does this could you please post a few more details on how it works.. Thanks :)

http://www.category2.com/international_ … r_tax.html

yeah thanks for the link I did read that but it does not really go into detail or give examples.. it does mention they give credit for the Gib tax but no more details other than that.