Cost of Living in Dubai, please help.

Dear Friends

I am an Indian and have been selected by an elevator company in Dubai at Al Quoz Area as a Sales Engineer. They are yet to provide me the offer letter. I am an average lifestyle guy, mostly spending my time in room with internet when free. I am a regular smoker and have weekly Beer. Being in Sales, my company will bear the transportation costs.
Would appreciate if you could help me with the following

1) Average Cost of Studio apartment. My office will be at Al Quoz. I don't mind travelling a little father, being in Sales. I need a some privacy.
2) How much will be the utility cost per month
3) I am married, so would be making daily calls to India. No plans to bring my family as of now. Average monthly cost.
4) Average Indian Food cost 3 times per month. Please also tell me how much will it cost if I cook at home as well as in mess, if that is available in Dubai.
6) Any other cost I should be considering in your view
5) Any idea what is the average salary offered to Indian Elevator Sales Engineer. Here I am paid 60000 /- INR per month. I have 3 years of elevator sales experience and 10 years overall.
6) In your view what is the minimum best salary in Dubai for an average lifestyle with a saving potential of AED 6000 - Savings per month. This is for me to negotiate the offer.

Thanks in advance. Hope you guys help me with near accurate answers.

Hi Salesandmem,

Check out the discussions on the Cost of living in Dubai for more information and feedback please. It might be interesting :)

Thank you

Maximilien

1) Average Cost of Studio apartment. My office will be at Al Quoz. I don't mind travelling a little father, being in Sales. I need a some privacy. ----  6000 dhs/month

2) How much will be the utility cost per month ----- 500 - 600 dhs /month

3) I am married, so would be making daily calls to India. No plans to bring my family as of now. Average monthly cost. ---- depending how much you talk but expect 1500 dhs/month

4) Average Indian Food cost 3 times per month. Please also tell me how much will it cost if I cook at home as well as in mess, if that is available in Dubai. --  you eat out around 1500dhs/month, you cook around 1000/month

6) Any other cost I should be considering in your view --- gas for your car around 500dhs/month , if no car then 2000dhs/month by taxi, by metro and bus around 800 dhs

5) Any idea what is the average salary offered to Indian Elevator Sales Engineer. Here I am paid 60000 /- INR per month. I have 3 years of elevator sales experience and 10 years overall.  --

6) In your view what is the minimum best salary in Dubai for an average lifestyle with a saving potential of AED 6000 - Savings per month. This is for me to negotiate the offer.

over all, if your offer is not around 15000 dhs/month and above, and you need all above, then you better stay wherever you are

good luck

Thanks for the information

but the cost of accommodation is too much. What i could understand is the average studio apartment cost anywhere around 3500 pm.

how about a little distance with a travel time of 1 hour.

please help, i think the company will not be ready to offer anything above 11000 aed

thanks

11,000 is good salary as a start, but you cant survive with it if you need all the stuff you mentioned above.. studio can cost around 3500/m but in a places like international city which is very far from metro.
if you dont have a car you will need to walk to bus station then to metro then to your work, and coming back.. daily routine.. 

inside dubai the minimum cost for studio apt is around 5500 -6000 /m
you can check dubizzle.com to have an idea..

good luck