Relocate to Singapore

Hi Friends,

This is Palani typical middle class Indian (Tamil) who works in UAE and have planned to relocate to Singapore under short term visit pass.I am a post graduate in Business Administration (MBA) and have 4+ years of experience in low profile job that includes Admin Assistant for 3 years in India and presently working as an Import/Export Assistant  for 1.5 years in UAE and have below doubts to ask you before I relocate.

Is it a good idea to move to Singapore in visit pass to seek employment?..If so can I get visa with 89 days validity (as far as i know I can't stay over)??

How is the opportunities in Singapore in Export/Import or Freight Forwarding field??.Do they prefer locally experienced?

and lastly,I am least bothered about my Visa type, I am ok with whether it S pass or E Pass...But will MOM deny S pass only for the sake of having MBA with experience, will the give preference to E pass over S pass in this scenario??

Thank you,

Palani....

Please do not post the same message multiple times on the forum. I have requested the other one to be removed.

Palanigovind wrote:

Is it a good idea to move to Singapore in visit pass to seek employment?..If so can I get visa with 89 days validity (as far as i know I can't stay over)??

Yes, it is a very good idea - your chances for interview invitations are many times higher when you are in the country and have a local address and phone number.
As far as I know, as an Indian you will get 30 days, which can be extended (visit ICA at least a week before expiry for this!) up to 89 days if you have a good reason for it.

Palanigovind wrote:

How is the opportunities in Singapore in Export/Import or Freight Forwarding field??.Do they prefer locally experienced?

Sorry, not my industry, so I cannot comment.
But of course local candidates are preferred and must even be hired preferentially by law.

Palanigovind wrote:

But will MOM deny S pass only for the sake of having MBA with experience, will the give preference to E pass over S pass in this scenario??

With an MBA and >4 years work experience, you are a typical EP candidate. S-Pass is for lower skilled (and paid) jobs. Even if you are offered a low-class job, you will not get a visa because MoM wants to prevent foreigners coming in below their value and thus distorting the market for the locals.

Hi can I get e pass with out employer approval.

You cannot apply for EPass directly. Only the employer or their authorized agent can apply. Approval of EPass is by the MoM

udaykumar29931 wrote:

Hi can I get e pass with out employer approval.

Hi thanks for prompt response,

Can employer apply for e pass without job offer letter.

Waiting for your quick response.

Thanks
Uday

http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permit … s-requiredhttp://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permit … for-a-pass

Uday ,
Singapore amongst other industries is a logistics hub .

The five highest-paying sectors in Singapore are banking and finance; oil, gas and petrochemicals; pharmaceuticals; semiconductors; and, information technology

Network and systems engineers can make up to $4,000 to $7,000,
while application development consultants can earn up to $5,000 to $7,000
Financial accountants can earn up to $4,500 to $9,500.
Supply chain managers can earn up to $5,000 to $14,000
Compliance managers can make up to $10,000 to $12,500.

Industries that are expected to hire are banking & finance, life sciences, supply chain, procurement and logistics

In banking and finance: there is demand for staff managing compliance and risk management.
Compliance managers can expect to earn $10,000 to $12,500 monthly
Risk managers can look forward to salaries of $12,500 or more
relationship managers. They can expect to earn $7,500 to $18,000 per month.

Regards

Hi can anybody clear my doubts,

Can any employer provide free e pass visa work permit and airteket, accommodation and food.

Can you give such company name in Singapore.

Thanks
Uday

Any employer in Singapore hiring a foreigner must provide the Employment Pass (EP) free of charge.
Whether they provide free airtickets and accommodation is up to negotiation, but not very common. I have never heard of a company providing free food.

Hi please provide me the details

The way how to find out the job in Singapore.

Job site or employer or job consultancy.

You can use all way.
Register in online job sites and consultants.
Directly apply through employer website or email the cv.

Which "details" do you mean?
I cannot tell you the companies' compensation policies, because I know neither them nor your negotiation power.
And about finding a job in Singapore, please read the many posts and threads already present on this forum - the topic is discussed several times a week!

The same question he asked in many threads which already answered  :)

beppi wrote:

Which "details" do you mean?
I cannot tell you the companies' compensation policies, because I know neither them nor your negotiation power.
And about finding a job in Singapore, please read the many posts and threads already present on this forum - the topic is discussed several times a week!

Some people can only post, not read (or understand) ...