Work Related

Hi there,

I am a Indian expat living and working in USA for the last 8 years. By profession I am a  Mechanical Engineer with 7 years of experience and looking to move to China. My company has a plant in china, so mostly I will be talking to my employer for a transfer. But in case if that doesn't work out, I would like to know,  how easy is it to find a job in China for an expat?

Also say if I find a job and get a Z work visa, what visa would I be applying for my wife? And would she be able to work on the dependent visa?

Would appreciate your answer to the above questions. Any suggestions are welcome!

Cheers
Sunny

Hi, your company will be located in which city of China? As far as I know many engineers can speak English in big city.So no problem in communication. If you want to find another job here, you'd better find on internet first. Many company can help you on visa. Mechanical engineer is cool, I have a frind is also a mechanical guy.

A follow on, on Kevin136. I (English expat) worked with many Chinese engineer in various remote areas in China and their oral English is, as a minimum, good enough for communication.   
Don't expect 100% fluency AND if someone does not understand what you are saying; try explaining another way. This is, after all, China. Respect it.

As far as the communication goes, I understand its China and I am not at all concerned about that.
But is it easy to find a job in China for an Experienced Mechanical Engineer?
Also, about the visa, are company's willing to take an expat and sponsor visa's for them?

@Kevin136...My company has a plant in Kunshan, but I am not sure if I would get a transfer from them, which is the reason I am starting to apply for jobs in China, posting my resumes on Company's website....So was wondering how easy is it to find a job in China for an expat and what visa would my wife be getting if I find a job there!

Dear,

I am Rohit Saraf from China....I am working in china.

Regards

Rohit

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share phone numbers on the forum. You may use our private message system for that