Working as a freelancer in Belize

Hi,

A lot of expats dream of becoming self-employed: we would like to help you to make that dream come true.

Can foreigners work as self-employed in Belize? What are the formalities to work as a freelancer?

What are the pros and cons of this status: social security, tax system, etc.?

How is the freelance market in Belize?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience,

Kenjee

Sounds good how you gonna help

I believe there is a huge opportunity in Belize for free-lance writers. I personally have over a dozen e-books written. I have had several articles published. When not writing I set up websites for myself and clients.
I still have bank accounts in the states, so all of my writing income either goes to my PayPal account or the bank. For now I also maintain a US address. Once I get my residency, I plan to switch my income to Belize.
I live in Corozal, and other than going to Belize City and Belmopan, I have not explored Belize yet. Three of my E-books are on Belize. They are on a personal level, rather than a travel brochure. I like to say that I want the reader on my shoulder so they can see and experience what I do.
For someone that likes to travel and wants to see and experience new places, Belize is a goldmine. From culture, sports, food and a thousand other things, there is so much to write about in Belize. I still feel I could write 40 books in my style about Belize.
One of the things I strive for are income streams that don't need hourly input. What I mean is if you are a plumber, unless you are not fixing sinks, you don't get paid. On the other hand, writing books pays even when you are in bed.
My website, http://BelizeClassifiedAdds.com is set up to be almost automatic. The only thing that myself or a helper needs to do is ok the ads so we keep it clean and honest.
All of the above avenues of income, whether free-lance or book writing even selling on the web can all be fun and fulfilling and profitable.

I was curious so I clicked the link to your BelizeClassifiedAdds.com site.  My security program (WebRoot) immediately lit up like a Christmas tree.  It views your site as malware and automatically blocks it.  You may need to look at what is lurking in the background on your site.

Rob

Thanks