Exporting car from Costa Rica to USA

I have a car in the Dominical area that I would like to bring to USA.  I've thought about driving (dangerous right now in Mexico)
shipping or overland car transporting.  I'd like the least expensive and safe way.  Suggestions & contact infomation appreciated. Thanks  Johnnie17

I've used A-1 Auto Transport a1autotransport.com/ to ship plenty of cars to Costa Rica from the USA. Import taxes suck. Shipping to the USA from Costa Rica isn't so bad. Give them a call and ask what current regulations are, as they change a lot from year to year.

It is seemingly more expensive to ship to the USA rather than from it, so be aware that this may be the case. You can also check sending it 'Roll on-Roll off', but I think this may apply only to and from Miami.

I am wondering if there is a compelling reason not to sell your car in Costa Rica and buy one in the USA. Cars cost a lot more in Costa Rica than in the USA and so I would think you could get a better car by selling it in Costa Rica and buying a new one in the U.S.

Generally speaking the same car will cost about 40-50% less in the USA. Something like that...

Many cars available here are not available in the U.S. Example, Toyota BJ40 Land Cruiser.