How to have just friends in Tunis?

Hi,
I have been now 1 month in Tunis, and its really hard to find friend here - I dont want boyfriend or relationship this kind of proposals I hear too much here, in the fact Im quite boring for that :/ I like sports (gym) riding, shopping etc. I'm living in la Marsa. :)

Welcome to Expat.com seijazag !

chercheur2007 > could you please post in English please ? By the way Expat.com is not a dating site

I have been livin in this country almost 2 years and even since i havent found any friends. And it feels really bad.

Time to organize an Expat.com meet up in Tunis maybe ? ;)

Hi
i'm tunisian and i'd like to know people from other countries and improve my language skills

i think i can help you to know more about tunisian culture and show you beautiful places
i can speak english, french and some spanish.
Feel free to contact me

Julien wrote:

this actually is a good idea =)it would really help!

cheers,

-emirhan

I'm a spanish boy and I have the opposite problem, when I talk with a girl she usually asumes that I want to become a boyfriend

Is it a tunisian thing in general?

It's a bit funny, but I think in Europe we usually look for friends before any other thing hahaha

hi seijazag
if you are just looking for friends and i mean it just friends then let me know i dont live far from you ;) salaam

yea i think it's hard to find a freind in 1 month in a whole new country...but ppl here are sympathic...

I am here for a month on a work assignment looking out for tunisian female friends to understand the culture and know more.

Julien wrote:

HELLO ALL, I PLAN ON MOVING TO TUNISIA THE END OF THIS MONTH AND I THINK IT WOULD BE A WONDERFUL IDEA TO HAVE SOME KIND OF MEET UP. I AM SCARED OF NOT MEETING ANYONE WHO I CAN JUST TALK TO OR HANG OUT WITH THAT SPEAKS ENGLISH CONSIDERING I DON'T SPEAK ANYTHING OTHER THAN ENGLISH. AND I THINK I WOULD BE REALLY BORED IF THE ONLY ONE I CAN COMMUNICATE TO IS MY HUSBAND. I WOULD LIKE TO TALK AND MEET OTHER PEOPLE.

hi tunisian wifey it depend how open your husband is ;)

i know for a fact i need some female friends.. my husband is very jealous

hello all , you can contact me , Tunisian Wifey , whenever  you want , just let me know ... it would be a pleasre .. :)

bonjour

je suis Sabrina d'Alger. je vais très bientôt m'installer à Tunis e moi aussi je voudrai trouver des amis avec qui m'entretenir et sortir (et pas de petits copains, je veux me consacrer à mon nouveau boulot)

de plus je voudrai savoi si je pourrai m'en sortir financièrement avec le salaire qu'on me propose! 2200 DT par moi!

merci

Hi zitorina!

As you are on the anglophone forum could you please post in English?

Thanks and regards
Armand

Ok Armand, you're right!

The problem is that I don't know English well!

So,I'll try to translate and "sorry for mistakes".

I said that I'm from Algiers and I will begin my new work at Tunis by the end of december 2001.

I would like to know if it's expensive to rent a flat in Tunis and I would like to have some friends: I need some help and advices for my new life.

Thanks a lot.

hi zitorina you are very welcome in tunisia :)
with 2200 dinar peer month thats more than enough !! to do what ever you want ;)
and here you have the same site in french so you can post your topic in french and you can log in with the same ID .
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=4543

@ zitorina: You can post on the francophone forum. It will be easier i guess ;)

Hello Friends ,

Its been 1.5 yrs Passed in Tunis , it true to get a friend here its difficult .. without friends life is getting bored ...

it will be good if we arrange for a expats meeting in tunis ...

Hi, my name is Angela, I am also a "wifey" lol and I was living in the USA before coming here, my husband is Tunisian and I am from Colombia. I also feel kind of lonely here, I don't have friends to hang out. I speak Spanish, English and French fluently :) I've been in Tunis one year now and I live in Ariana. :) Welcome to Tunisia!

welcome between us friend :)

Hi to all the expat ladies!  It's true it can be quite lonely for us but after some time it is possible to have just a very few female friends.  I live right now between the north and the south but if you would all like to meet for a lunch or coffee then perhaps we can organise it for a time in Tunis centre ville where I am sure we can all get to.  What do you think?

hi,
          im olivia pilipina leave now in tokyo,planing to visit tunis this coming march and i dont know about tunis and culture.im looking for a freind.

Bonjour,

Je suis algérienne et je vis depuis un an à Tunis. J'avoue que je me sens encore très seule et je serai partente pour une rencontre à Tunis ville.

@zitorina -> Can you please write in english on this Anglophone forum so that everybody can understand? :)

PS: Here is the Francophone forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Aurélie

I'm really sorry. My english is so bad.

I'm going to write in the frensh section :rolleyes:

Right-o count me in for sure!:)

es muy dificil, yo quiero ir en junio pero si es tan complicado por favor alguien digame pues voy sola

Hello lissluna -> Can you please write in english on the English speaking forum? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi

Would love to meet. Just something relaxing like a cup of coffee would be nice as i have an 11 month old to consider.

Santa Lucia Cafe know in tunez

I don't know it but if you can give me a map I can perhaps just find it on a map. The kids have flu so should we make a date for early next week?

Sorry I mean to say "give me the physical address?"

hey folks!
im turkish man who just started to live and work in tunisia. so tell me where is the party? where are the people? any expats meeting? lets arrange something.

Heey there there still who is looking for friends ???

i m ines from tunisia i have 29 years old when u will be in tunisia contact me my face book [Moderated; for security resaons, please use private message]

Hi INES AMMARI

I am in :)

Hello, I live in la Marsa too.I've seen that you send the message 3 years ago. Are you still here? If the answer is yes, we could meet. :)

Cheers