What do you like the most in Spain?

Hi,

Living abroad, expats discover and enjoy a new environment.

What do you like the most in Spain?

What seduced you when settling and living here?

Share with us your favorite part of living in Spain and the reason why you enjoy your expat life here.

Thank you in advance,

Christine

Way of living and sharing,  sun,  food,  History.  No place to live like Spain

I live in Valencia. I love the weather, August and July are a bit too hot but the rest of the year is pretty good. I love waking up in the middle of the night and see a clear sky full of stars, beautiful dawns.
Spain has stunning places, I've been in Javea, Ibiza, Marbella, Palma de Mallorca and Barcelona. All of them have so many things to see.
The food is very good.
Wine and beer are cheap.

I love how big the country is so much space

the weather the scenery the people the food the wine...:-)

People are not so interested in money

Gastronomy

We often holidayed in Wales and Scotland and always wanted to live near mountains when we retired and we have 360 deg views of mountains now.  Though we did not expect it to be in another country.

Add to this the weather.  Just spent a month in England and could not wait to get back to some reliable sunny weather.

Hi,
I am Italian and I live in Castilla La Mancha because I like living in the  country. I like its quiet life and its empty space. I like food too

The weather during certain months of the year (March-July/September-December -- I don't like the freezing cold in January/February, or the intense heat of July/August). 

The friendly happy people, I think in general Spanish are happier then many other nationalities. 

The cost of food and wine, especially wine,  I can buy for €4.80 yellow label Campo de Viejo (£10.00 in UK), or €3 Sangre de Toro (£8-9 in UK) , two of my favourites for so much less.   The only problem is that such a low price of such good wine does make me drink much more in Spain than in the UK!   

The gorgeous mountains where we live and especially the roads where we live, so uncrowded with no potholes!   The A31 to Alicante and the mountain roads are amazing.   

What I don't like in Spain: We have a house on an urb and unfortunately,  most of the people on the urb are English, retired and into golf,  something we  are not interested in.

And as I have mentioned in previous posts,  the amount of dogs in Spain,  the barking and the poo.  It is a pity that people seem to choose dogs over cats as pets in Spain.

Well I been here   week and can't  wait to get home. I'm  bored out of my skull.

I love the people, the food, the area( we are outside of Madrid).  Day trip to great location..

We love the people, the beautiful, environment and the culture.  Are there any ex-pats living close to La Herradura?  We'd love to connect.  Also looking for Tai Chi.

...not so many rules. I do not like little perfect countries.

As mentioned above, cheap beer (e.g., Embrau @ €3/12 pack) and wine (€1/bottle) is great. Good weather, depending where you are.

Plenty of places to see, 1000 year old castles, churches and even older Roman ruins everywhere.

Easy and cheap access to the rest of Europe. €49 direct flights to London for example.

Inexpensive housing.