What do you like the most in Saudi Arabia?

Hi,

Living abroad, expats discover and enjoy a new environment.

What do you like the most in Saudi Arabia?

What seduced you when settling and living here?

Share with us your favorite part of living in Saudi Arabia and the reason why you enjoy your expat life here.

Thank you in advance,

Christine

Its the most secured country in the world, and can save more your earnings. Weather wise I like it. Traveling is easy too.

This is the only country of Haramain. I like to be here to frequently visit these Holy places along with my family.

1- Tax free salary with company paid medical insurance
2- Easy going
3- petrol price
4- holy sites visit
5- bigger houses, big cars
6- living cost

Humidity :D

Religious activities.

The period of 29th day that repeats every month.  :)

Expenditure on buying car fuel.

These are some out of the world experience, only possible in KSA

With vices strictly forbidden like alcoholic drinks, this converted to my good health... tax free salary, could save a lot for family, Arab foods and security also is fine ;)

as a GCC country, it still maintains its authentic spirit, with its random planning (horizintal vs vertical expansion) crazy driving, authentic food experience, so its not as fake as the newly developed GCCs, where lifestyle has shifted to modern (although i like modern lifestyle)
and a lot of things that i like,, and waiting for the new thread that asks about our dislikes :D:D

Saudi Arabia is very good place for families and families only.
It is a safe country, organised well, they are always trying to improve themselves on country basis like building new high buildings, developing a Metro overall the country, Using more electronic services for citizens and residents.

It has great Malls for shopping and always you will find discounts most of year.

There is no taxes and you can buy a car. Buying a car is cheaper than rent it. you can pay only 6000 SAR to get a new car (Dodge for example) then pay each month 2000 SAR. You can get cheaper one of course.

The home rent is very cheap in comparison with other countries like UAE. You can rent large home (3 room, super lux, two bath rooms and reception two pieces with only 2000 SAR monthly )

However, I didn't like that is very closed. There is no a lot of activities to do like going to Cinema, if are in Riyadh you have to drive for 5 hours to go to Damam, Bahrain, and 9 hours for Jedda where you can set on the sea.

Rules are very strict special when it comes with the VEIL.

The most amazing thing there that you will be able to save a lot of money. If your family has you, your husband and  a babe then you can pay 3000 SAR (for eat, drink, going out, entertainment ) + 1500 SAR monthly accommodation + 1500 SAR monthly (Car installment ) = 6000 SAR. You can save the rest of money for your travel or loan repayment.

Of course, you can pay more in accommodation like to pay monthly (6000 SAR) and stay in foreigner compound which allow to you to use pool with your bikini, drinking and I heard there are bars inside. (Riyadh has Alfal Compound)

I mostly like strict religious environment, price control, law & order and quality of living. The pay scale is good and propensity of saving is better than UAE.

Hi,
For us as a family it is a country where I never would have had access to as a non muslim. Here is so much of the earlier generations to be seen and specially from a christian perspective. Here you find a lot of evidence described in the Bible of the earlier times. As far back as Abraham.
It is a totally harsh country but also has everything. Basically all minerals like gold, silver, copper etc is here with abandance  of oil. Here you find fossils and some of the best in the world.
Add to it a good salary and not bad living conditions.

The road to Qatar

Hi There

What I enjoy most is the departure lounge!

have a great day!

Andy

iainritson wrote:

The road to Qatar

lol
any special reason to go qatar?

almost everything

Exploring the unexplored territories! Its a desert i know, but the natural landscape out here is A-mazing! Riyadh's heet caves, edge of the world, or Al Baha's idyll scenic beauty. It's all mesmerizing for people who actually love nature around them.
Eastern province's hangout locations, restaurants etc are good as well.

I like developing close friendships with people literally from everywhere.

I like being able to dress like a Muslim woman without being harassed.

I like earning good salaries and not having to pay income tax.

OTOH, it would be ridiculous if it didn't make me so irritating that WOMEN STILL CAN'T DRIVE!  How can it be safer for a woman to get into a car with a stranger than to drive herself?

On top of which, the only public transportation for women is taxis, which any male can hire, without a special license.

It is, however, a wonderful place to raise children.

I like the felafel sandwiches !  :)

Dates. Arab coffee.  Olive. Mecca. Ect

I'm Muslim, and I love being able to dress like a Muslim without having people stare at me.

Hello,
          I have been staying here since an year almost from now.
It's the space you get for yourself n enough privacy specially when you want to hang out with family.

Koboos & yaugert

Peace
The gift at no cost !!!
Al Hamdolillah
Khalid Nadeem

I like makkah & madinah.

The huge family parties every weekend, chatting with other governesses and nannies, mixing with people from all over the world, staying overnight in the desert, working for the Royal Family.

Why? This country has something to like? Wors than he'll! !!!!!!

I like the place cause most of business company  here in Saudi Arabia they are looking for experienced workers. Unless you can perform your duty you hired.

Here are some off the top of my head in no particular order...
No dog poo on the streets
Variety of food available at good price
No need for Muslims to read labels on food
Flexible driving
Low price of petrol
360 days plus sunshine... Guaranteed weather for planning events like bbq etc.. triathletes dream
Saving big wadges of money
No tax
Wide open spaces
Wide multi lane roads
Large accommodation areas
Very few flies (it's too hot for them)
Swimming outdoors
No alcohol or cinemas
For Muslims, Makkah and Medina close by
Saudi Champagne
Traffic signs in Arabic and English
Most people understand some English
Reasonable water and electricity costs
Air conditioning everywhere
Power, water and electricity available widely
No minimum wage limit
Easy to find home help
Cheap car wash and valet
Good expat networks
Reasonable internet speeds in many areas
Western standard supermarkets

I was delighted on realising that most services are not taxed from salaries no bank fees no waste collection fees no packing fees and common foodstuffs are relatively cheap,  the highway is generally safe .
Eliud  Walutsachi

The people
The people
The people!

I have never met more hospitable people anywhere in the world ...  they blow Bosnians out of the water and we take pride in our hopitality

live.ali wrote:

I like the felafel sandwiches !  :)

There is one in Jeddah me likey too, but they make it very dry...I like it with added humus...

rareshine wrote:

The people
The people
The people!

I have never met more hospitable people anywhere in the world ...  they blow Bosnians out of the water and we take pride in our hopitality

Really ? Really ? Really ?

I guess that really depends. I know my cousins are exception to this :D

To me the best part of living in Saudi was meeting the people. There were people from all over the world and as they also worked there and were not tourist as most people one meets that is not from your country of origin. I also like the sense of community one had with co-workers and friends that one does not experience back home to the same degree. As I tell my friends back home, the standard of living is less than home but the quality is much better. I also love all the different foods one can experience. And if you are adventurous traveling in the desert and meeting the local people is a treat. They are the kindest people one can meet. It all so wondrous.

hamudi wrote:
rareshine wrote:

The people
The people
The people!

Really ? Really ? Really ?

I guess that really depends. I know my cousins are exception to this :D

Doubt it! Often happens that the young ones are even nicer... Dunno how many times random favors they done... Most recent one my friend was asking a couple of young brothers for directions so I can find her .. Instead of the long drawn out convo they just drove her to me and then we followed.. I was in shock

rareshine wrote:

Doubt it! Often happens that the young ones are even nicer... Dunno how many times random favors they done... Most recent one my friend was asking a couple of young brothers for directions so I can find her .. Instead of the long drawn out convo they just drove her to me and then we followed.. I was in shock

hmmm...that's really strange.

well good for you.

Enjoy your stay!

Driving on the freeway the way a freeway should be driven on

what  I like most about Saudi Arabia is that you have lost of free time during which you have nothing to do.

Tax-free status is lovely. Someone said to me this was a good place to think. This was a place to think deeply about life, about yourself and others. I agree with this. For whatever reason, this place has the ability to help with deep meditation. I do not know how or why. Also, I like the sudden waft of good perfume or oud that rushes past. A gift from anonymous strangers on the street. Thank you.

Excellent private English private schools and tertiary education providers.
Friendships with people from everywhere.
Schools that teach ethics as matter of course.