What do you like the most in Russia?

Hi,

Living abroad, expats discover and enjoy a new environment.

What do you like the most in Russia?

What seduced you when settling and living here?

Share with us your favorite part of living in Russia and the reason why you enjoy your expat life here.

Thank you in advance,

Christine

Well to be completely transparent I had no clue if I would like it or not. My wife is from Russia so I decided that instead of her coming to the States, I'd come to Russia. It was the best decision I've ever made.

https://hague6185.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/adg_6318.jpg?w=300&h=199
I've heard from many people that they think I'm crazy, but I'm not. Crazy is to stay living somewhere that doesn't match your personality. I lived in the States my entire life struggling in a society of "me firsts", I've got to be the winner syndrome, and the list goes on. Please don't get me wrong, Russia isn't perfect but it has many strong points as well. I've found that family is very important here (something I believe strongly in), the moral character of most of the people I've met here is much higher, I noticed that those I was coming into contact here understood the importance of lifting one another up, and the humility for the most part was very surprising.

But the question was asked, what do I like the most? The Russian Cuisine of course! Borscht, Shchi Blini, Kholodets, Olivier salad, Pelmeni, Shashlik, and of course dark rye bread - the best bread in the world.

The other thing most people don't know about Russians is that they know how to smile, I have living proof.
https://hague6185.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/adg_6319.jpg?w=300&h=199

Hell there it's raman , well I like Russia bcz I got married with a Russian girl nd its better to be here. I came from a very small part of india people from there, for them to live in any other country is some thing if god gave me this chance so I m not going to miss it nd the big reason is that I m a indian chef so can spread the aroma of india cousin hear in Russia. always feel good