What do you like the most in Panama?

Hi,

Living abroad, expats discover and enjoy a new environment.

What do you like the most in Panama?

What seduced you when settling and living here?

Share with us your favorite part of living in Panama and the reason why you enjoy your expat life here.

Thank you in advance,

Christine

I looked out the airplane window and saw those mountains covered with lush, green forest and I fell in love. But, what I love most is the people - happy, friendly, kind, nonjudgmental, and loving. The weather is warm, there are no hurricanes, the pace is laid back, it's just a good life here.

Well this made me think and glad for the post! I think my answer is the people. There are the Panamanians Who from IMHO, are some of the friendliest in all of Latin America.

Then there are other expats - not saying we are the same or agree but we all have a bond- we decided to do what most wouldn't even consider. So that in itself makes us all special LOL!

Weather, people, mangos and papayas. I hardly ever had the chance to taste mangos and papayas till I got in Panama. And since then they made for 70% of my diet. :)

The People!

The people. Racial understanding, freedom of opinion.

The warm and affectionate residents of Panama City is top on the list.  Next would be Christmas in Panama City.  Giant, beautiful Christmas trees stand in the lobbies of the skyscrapers, many with giant Menorahs close by.  The malls in the city are unafraid to still have large Nativity scenes symbolizing the holiday.  The Punta Pacifica Super99 had a Nativity scene placed on the pharmacy counter for all to see last Christmas.  I love the fact that Christmas trees and Menorahs can be together in peace.

Local friends, walking my dogs on the beach of a morning or evening, papaya, coconut water and mangoes, not having to use winter clothes, local very casual style open air restaurants.