What do you like the most in Malaysia?

Hi,

Living abroad, expats discover and enjoy a new environment.

What do you like the most in Malaysia?

What seduced you when settling and living here?

Share with us your favorite part of living in Malaysia and the reason why you enjoy your expat life here.

Thank you in advance,

Christine

Fresh air, Well I did 15 years ago cough splutter

Food

Friendly locals. And I don't just mean the single gals  :whistle:  but that was an attraction in some ways

Better living standards (eroded a lot though in last ten years)

Great travel hub

Political stability (well again......)

Religiosity of people and religious freedom, tourism facilities, international facilitates, security, good academic environment, etc.

Food and Malay people
I love Malaysia fast for food. Malaysia food is world delicious food. Other Malaysian quite people

1. I was seduced by the lies of harmony. I got off the plane astounded by how these five opposed cultures could live together. When I found out it was all a lie, i knew I was right to be astounded.

2. Just today I was thinking what I liked most and Nemodot said it--its nothing about Malaysia itself but the fact that from Penang you are two hours to Bangkok, Saigon, Singapore or Guangzhou. For a westerner thats a Christmas present.

3. Best indian food outside of India, best chinese food outside of China.

4. Political...... <cough>... OK nevermind.

5.Heartful tenderness of Malay women. Ok its often a trojan horse but so what? Sure feels good in the process. I just wish they would stop trying to whiten their skin, looks great as it is. I prefer to imagine the reality, a caramel-toned sundae from head to foot.

6. That a person can walk up to you and start talking like they knew you all their life. They start in the middle of the relationship. Highly developed social skills, far more advanced than my own.

7. Im stuck in 1955, P. Ramlee's time. I watch the movies and daydream of life and people being like that. Then I wake and realize it really is!

8. That you or a friend can call each other at 130am and hop out of bed for a meal somewhere. My god, where else?

9. That from a bus, dizzying parades of palm trees drift by the window, as far as the eye can see.

10. That chinese man, chipping away at a wood block which later becomes a shop signboard, the same daily task he has been creating arthritis in his hands with for the past 80 years.
10.a. That 4th-gen dim sum restaurant on Petaling Street which has been opening for customers at 5am every single day since 1912. I sit and count how many people sat in this same chair over 100 years.
10.b. Further down, that hardware shop of the same vintage, run by its same family. So little has changed, you really can still smell 1910 inside.

11. Bathtub-water beaches.

12. That you can buy something from a shop and 10 years later you wander in again and the owner remembers you and what you bought that time. If you had happened to give your name before, they knew that too.

Goodness! All this! You Malaysians are pitiful! Crazy lah!!

I can go to 50 or 100.....but gtg!!

-No Typhoon, No earthquake, No twister (natural disaster is rare)
-The weather, it's always sunny! (i just hope the haze wld just go away.)
-The fast Economic growth of MY(can see the difference from then-now.)
-The love n care of their own native people. Prioritize Bumi's. Providing extra/ special benefits for them. 
-Housing development/projects for the poor.
The people of Malaysia have their government's best interest at heart.  <3
I dunno that's how i see it.  In my country the govt only cares about rich people.  That's why the poor are becoming poorer and the rich are becoming richer.

Expats like most in Malaysia are low cost of commoditiesand easy to find jobs to live on. got many beatiful spotsto go and see and experienced living herei i foundeasy and enjoy

Mercy

I would have to say the location in South East Asia, other countries are easily accessible.
The variety of food.
The local destinations such as Langawi, Penang, Tioman, Malacca, etc so much to see and do

Food...glorious food.... :)

i need interior designer job in malaysia

Nizar K....:offtopic:

Food, people and of course Islam.

The weather and people comes to mind first.
Religious freedom is a important factor of course.
Transportation and financial infrastructure is good. Over all secured environment.

Fresh air green spaces and cheap psychiatrists.....

*spot the joke