What do you like the most in India?

Hi,

Living abroad, expats discover and enjoy a new environment.

What do you like the most in India?

What seduced you when settling and living here?

Share with us your favorite part of living in India and the reason why you enjoy your expat life here.

Thank you in advance,

Christine

Currently I'm in Nigeria but I belong from India so love each and everything about India.

I like the food and weather but find the telecommunications frustrating as nothing is ever straight forward when dealing with phone companies and their rigid way of doing things which invariably cost money!!

It's true.. internet is not always satisfactory in India.... India is misery and beauty..  It's a place to go if you want to be slapped in the face and awakened to life... India is real...
I love the great diversity of the people of India-ethnic, cultural, linguistic, historical, and religious diversity.  People in India are very curious and friendly.  The language that unifies all of India is English, making it a bit easier to navigate your way through India and connect with various people you meet along the way.
India pulses, surges, vibrates, and makes you feel alive.  Arriving in India, more than any other country, you feel you've entered a strange and wonderful world.  Your senses are overloaded with colors, shapes, sights, sounds, smells, tastes!
I could have chosen anywhere in the world to spend as much time, but the fact of the matter is that India chose me.
My heart is in India

Hi Guys,

Been living between India and Australia for more than 10 years. At first it was a shock to the system and hard work but something crept up on me by year 2.
The simple truth in the people, the hustle bustle of a normal quiet day, the chaos in the street or possibly even the sounds of a Royal Enfield Bullet going past - not sure what it was but it took hold of me and now has me mesmerised!

I know there are many things the need improvement - clean water for all, clean tidy streets, better roads, shelter for the homeless etc etc..... But many countries can learn from India's common people. If everyone in the world cared for each other the way these people care for common man the world would be a better place!

I know i am a better person for what i have learnt from my time in India!

I have much more to learn!

Honestly, I don't like much about India. I don't think there is anything exceptionally "real" or ''spiritual" about this place. It's just á big mess.

India like other countries has its share of problems, maybe more, but the resilience and toleration of the people, pragmatic way of life, with over a billion people and hundreds of gods and godesses, land, mountains, desert, and rivers makes it a fascinating country. As they say beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. .....Dil Bahar

The best part is its culture....and the monthly festivals....keeps life colourful and a reason to break the routine life ;P

India has a rich culture and yes its fascinating but I find a big deficit in the social sphere. People's right are not respected in India even though those rights are provided for in the constitution!!! people don't interact well with eachother, i see too many instances of people pushing eachother and fighting over very petty things, basic manners are quite often ignored I find this strange because Indian civilization is ancient so shouldn;t the social interactions be far more advanced. At the end of the day the government doesn't care about people's rights, people are treated like sheep or like a vote bank, politicians use ancient feuds between different groups for political mileage, entire groups are often targeted by hate campaigns again for political mileage. Communal tensions a part the widening gap between low income groups and high income groups is even more glaring

I like food and volunteering opportunities

hai dear , im shahul from india ( pondicherry ) is my city ,,its amazing city , welcome to my city to have a heavenly life ,