What do you like the most in Canada?

Hi,

Living abroad, expats discover and enjoy a new environment.

What seduced you when settling and living here?

Share with us your favorite part of living in Canada and the reason why you enjoy your expat life here.

Thank you in advance,

Christine

Canada is a good country. A very settled country. Very good governance. A secure safe country. A peaceful country. A country where expats from across the globe are welcomed into Canada - although some exceptions apply. Living in Canada is good and being able to work in a free country. A country where human rights apply to all. Where the Charter of Human rights and Freedoms is adhered to. Anyone falling outside of these parametres and does adhere to these rights and freedoms does not enter Canada. Canada has a very strict adherence to this Charter and the Charter of Freedoms and Rights. The seasons are bearable and vary from year to year. One year is not like the next. There are community organisations and associations recognizing many different cultural country peoples where people are able to fit into. Education is good in Canada and there are various trades, industries and pursuance of opportunities otherwise not available in foreign countries and careers are able to be followed. Schooling is good in Canada - depends on the individual and each to his or her preference of education - public and private. Continuing education is available and adult education opportunities are available to many adult education seekers. Various colleges, universities, continuing education bodies in differing school divisions, recognition of foreign qualifications can be applied for and upgrades to requalify to a foreign countries' credentials system is available.. Various forms of immigration systems are available to those who qualify to go through the system. Travel opportunities are endless in Canada and place to grow and settle without threat - security and obeyance of the law and policing is good. Multiculturalism is what Canada is all about. Multi-ethnicity is accepted in Canada. Racial equality abounds in Canada.

I'm highly enjoy living and work with American citizen the reason from listening point of view I list some things like fair distribution of work and so many arrangements of life demand opportunities.

For me it was the lakes and the space that I fell in love with. My husband and I had a few cottage vacations on Georgian Bay, started exploring Northern Ontario, and ended up settling just outside Sudbury. I feel so lucky to be close to so many lakes and provincial parks and I've felt at home here from my very first visit. Really hope to be able to explore the rest of Canada some day.

The fact that it is open to all who abide by the Rules of Canada and comply with the Rules of Canada - Human rights Movements to protect all who live, work, play, visit Canada. The freedom to be who you want to be - not what others want you to be. Freedom to believe in what you want to believe in not what others try to force upon you to believe in. Security of our country. The protection we have come to enjoy - such as when crossing from one state to another - the trust we place as citizens in our security forces protecting our borders. The freedom to enjoy places we want to enjoy and not feel threatened by any one state, province or person. The right to live in freedom free of harassment, bullying, humiliation of where you choose to live. The right to decide where ands who you want to work for - not forced to work for anyone or person you feel uncomfortable working for or being around.

Christine wrote:

Vast and spacious country. As the tag line for Ontario goes, 'Yours to discover'. But can be applied across all provinces. As for me, I am in Nova Scotia and our tag line is 'Canada's ocean playground'
http://glossyinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/NSTA_Aquarium_m.jpg

Equal opportunity for everyone. As long as there's a will, there's definitely a way. There's no second guessing that. And in Canada, this is so true. Civil liberty is protected and human rights respected.

Christine wrote:

What seduced you when settling and living here?

Peaceful and quiet is most likely the important thing to me for settling down. That said Canada is big and there are many cities in Canada. Pick wisely.

Christine wrote:

Share with us your favorite part of living in Canada and the reason why you enjoy your expat life here.

You don't feel like an expat, at least where I am.

Manitoba, Winnipeg, it is medium sized city and location - it Is slap bang in the middle of the prairies - bald and flat - views for miles around as far as the eye can see - approx. 24 miles - it is affordable and economically viable. it is home to the Manitoba Moose and the Winnipeg Jets and the Manitoba Blue Bombers. it is easy to access and get from place to place. it is still one of the more affordable places to shop, eat and live in comfortably.

If it wasn't for me being settled in Hali, I'd make Winnipeg my other prime Canadian city to settle down apart from Ottawa.