Homestay with family for my child

Hi everyone
Im writing this onthe English site as I dont have anywhere near enough French to attempt in French - will copy it there though in case of bilinguals!

If anyone can help me with the following please let me know.
I have an 11 yr old that wants to learn French 'cold turkey' i.e. be put into a French-only speaking school and be immersed. She has already done this with Spanish and wants the opportunity to do the same with French as she loves the language. Unfortunately I am unable to take her to do this for the time it would require so am looking for a family (preferably with kids of a similar or younger age) that might be able to take her as a homestay type arrangement - perhaps even an exchange if there is a child there wanting to learn English. I'm looking for sometime during 2011 and open to time of stay etc. (She will most likely be 12 by the time this happens.)

The other thing is that she has an EU passport - but not French - I know with an EU passport you can live in NC  but dont automatically get the right to work - does anyone know if she would have the right to go to a public school?

Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks
Sydneys

Hi Sydneys,
I can help you to translate your message & then you could post it on the French part to get more success with your request (look at the French flag above).
Regarding the visa, I can't tell, the best is to ask to the French embassy...

Bonjour,
J'ai une fille de 11 ans qui a une folle envie d'apprendre le français, càd être immergée dans une école exclusivement française. Elle l'a déjà fait en Espagne et souhaite faire de même avec le français. Malheureusement je suis incapable de l'accompagner à cause du temps que ca demande donc je suis à la recherche d'une famille (de préférence avec des enfants du même âge ou plus jeunes) qui pourrait l'accueillir - peut être même un échange si un enfant de la famille souhaite apprendre l'anglais. Ca serait pour un séjour en 2011, durée négociable(elle aura 12 ans à ce moment là)

You could add:  Malheureusement je ne parle pas français, merci de répondre en anglais (which means: unfortunately I don't speak French so thanks to rely in English)

Where do you live? close to New Caledonia? or you post your message for every French-speaking countries?

Hope you'll find a familly soon! It's a great project, your daughter is very brave and it is a very good thing for her to speak different langages & to open her mind to different cultures so young! congrats!

Tikawol - thank you so much for giving me the translation. Thats great - I can read enough French to understand in general what someone is saying but cant even start to speak it at the moment - I am going to take classes with my daughter before she - hopefully - gets to go to NC. I will put this on the French page now and hope that somebody is interested. She is nervous but excited and very determined to learn French so I hope it works out for her. At the moment we are in Costa Rica but we will be living in Australia then and so I prefer her to be relatively nearby rather than in France or Reunion etc - NC is the best option I think. Thanks again for your help - really appreciated.