Vegetarian in Uruguay

I visited Montevideo several years ago and plan to return for several months in 2011 with the idea of spending part of the year in Uruguay, part in Thailand where I currently live.  I am 70 and a vegetarian.  I found a vegetarian buffet in the old city but otherwise felt I would have to be cooking on my own if I lived there.

Any other vegetarians living in Uruguay or suggestions about restaurants would be helpful to my plans.

thanks, Brenda

Hi Brenda!

Welcome on Expat-blog! :) I hope other members will be able to advice you..

I wish you good luck
Christine

Hi Brenda!

I used to be a vegetarian, and the only help I can give you is this link: https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B_ … MGE0&hl=en

It is a list of vegetarian and vegan places to eat in Montevideo. The only problem is that it is in Spanish.

I hope it helps you!

Marianne

Hi Brenda,

My name is Jane .
I am in mid 60, retired and plan to relocate in Uruguay soon.
Do you speak Spanish? I am learning the language every night now andhope to be able to converse when I get there.
I am also vegetarian and so delighted to read your posting. If you are interested, I will like to have a connection with you so we can share information on Uruguay and vegetairism.

Hope to hear from you soon,
ciao,
Jane

Hi Brenda, I just posted a whole article about being Vegetarian in Uruguay, it is not very easy but possible.
contact me if you are in the country, i have been vegetarian for 25 years and have been living in Uruguay for the last 5.

Lucie, [email protected]